shape
carat
color
clarity

Tiffany..., joining the mainstream (in Japan at least for now).

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

diagem

Ideal_Rock
Trade
http://www.diamonds.net/news/NewsItem.aspx?ArticleID=25255

Tiffany & Co. to Reduce Prices at Stores in Japan

By Dialog NewsEdge Posted: 02/10/09 20:28

(RAPAPORT) JIJI, TOKYO: Tiffany & Co. said Tuesday it will cut prices for most of its products in Japan by an additional 9 percent on average. The move comes only after the company cut its product prices by an average of 6 percent in late November in the run-up to the crucial year-end shopping season.

The U.S. jewelry and silverware company will implement the reduction at all of its 57 Japanese outlets, starting Wednesday, in response to slumping sales. It is extremely rare for the company to reduce its product prices back to back in that short interval, company officials said.
Copyright © 2009 Jiji Press Ltd, Source: The Financial Times Limited

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
I hope they come down everywhere-there''s a lovely ring I''m eyeing up
1.gif

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
9% isn''t all that much considering how inflated the prices are already. I''ve heard that T&Co is really hurting though.

jennalyns

Shiny_Rock
Yeah, too bad their prices in Japan were about double (or more) what they are in the states before those discounts. ;-)

carebearz

Rough_Rock
I was in Japan 2 years ago when the yen was at an all-time low and Tiffany was pretty cheap. I saved like 10-20% on their items.
But with the gain in yen now, the reduction of 6% isn''t enough to offset the gains as yen has gained like more than 10% in value since the start of the financial turmoil.

While we''re on this topic, I read somewhere that Japan has such strict quality checks that Tiffany takes in only ''excellent'' diamonds and they send those ''not so good'' diamonds back to NY? Essentially the writer is saying that the best Tiffany diamonds could be in found in Jaoan. Any truth in this?

xoxo

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/11/2009 7:05:36 AM
Author: bee*
1.gif

ooo, me to bee I''ve been eyeing something you know what lol!
27.gif
I actually just told SO wow california''s tax might go up to 9.75 we need to act upon it now while its still 7.75 in some areas.

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
If Mikimoto cut prices 9%, should I think it was "joining the mainstream"? LOL.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/12/2009 12:42:22 AM
Author: xoxo
Date: 2/11/2009 7:05:36 AM

Author: bee*

1.gif

ooo, me to bee I''ve been eyeing something you know what lol!
27.gif
I actually just told SO wow california''s tax might go up to 9.75 we need to act upon it now while its still 7.75 in some areas.

I wonder what that could be
33.gif
3.gif
I''m eyeing up the eternity band for it!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results