shape
carat
color
clarity

tiffany jazz lookalike

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
Where can I find a tiffany jazz lookalike? I''d prefer a Canadian company as shipping/currency exchange is pretty killer.

Thanks

beau13

Ideal_Rock
Won''t find one here in Canada. I live in Canada, and bought a bezel set band (Tiffany jazz lookalike), but got it in the US. Most jewelers In Canada that I e-mailed didn''t even know what I was referring to when I said "bezel set band". Doesn''t seem to be too popular around here. I couldn''t find one anyway..maybe you''ll have more luck!

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Whiteflash has a beautiful one and very reasonably priced but they aren''t in Canada...

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beau - your ring is so cute! Looks great w/your eng. ring. . .

beau13

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/1/2009 3:52:37 PM
Author: MC
CUTE? lol
Thanks

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/1/2009 3:53:14 PM
Author: beau13

Date: 2/1/2009 3:52:37 PM
Author: MC
CUTE? lol
Thanks
hehehe
3.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Pearlmans sells Bev K bands that remind me of the jazz. You can order it with polished edges.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think the whiteflash and beverly k bands are both great options, of course not in canada as others have said... I like both of them better than the Blue Nile one because the profiles are lower (the Jazz profile is OH SO LOW).

I don't think that just any bezel band can be called a jazz lookalike (sorry beau
2.gif
) just like any o' cushion halo can't be called a Harry Winston lookalike. There are "lookalikes" out there, but just bezels in and of themselves don't make for jazziness
1.gif

ETA: BTW, we should probably clarify which of the jazz bands you're talking about?

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/2/2009 1:59:19 PM
Author: musey
ETA: BTW, we should probably clarify which of the jazz bands you''re talking about?
Here are all of them!

TiffanyJazzBands.jpg

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Musey''s right, on all counts.
5.gif

If you just want a delicate bezel band, WF has one. http://www.whiteflash.com/Wedding_Bands/-Danielle--3-4-Diamond-Jazz-Bezel-Band_1386.htm

It has 1 pointers, as opposed to the Jazz which has slightly larger diamonds (2 pointers? I think?
33.gif
). If you''ve tried on the Jazz and like the size of the diamonds, you might be disappointed with the more delicate band. It''s also a 3/4 eternity, as opposed to a full eternity.

I had mine made originally from a cast I found on Adwar (Link), which a jeweler in Canada could hypothetically do as well. I believe Adwar.com has casts for the alternating square and round eternity as well. Not sure on the other ones.

Let us know which style you favor and we can help you look!

beau13

Ideal_Rock
I think the whiteflash and beverly k bands are both great options, of course not in canada as others have said... I like both of them better than the Blue Nile one because the profiles are lower (the Jazz profile is OH SO LOW).

I don't think that just any bezel band can be called a jazz lookalike (sorry beau
2.gif
) just like any o' cushion halo can't be called a Harry Winston lookalike. There are 'lookalikes' out there, but just bezels in and of themselves don't make for jazziness
1.gif

ETA: BTW, we should probably clarify which of the jazz bands you're talking about?
That is just YOUR opinion, and you just love to rain on my parade any chance you get..I'm used to it.
According to OTHERS (whose opinions matter)..my band was one of the prettiest bezel bands seen on pricescope, AND often mistaken for the Tiffany Jazz (sorry Musey!)
28.gif
It seems others are a tad jealous (envious) when I get such fabulous deals on E-bay, that they paid quadruple for (and still lack the quality I had in my bezel band)! Did I mention that when I put the tiffany jazz band lookalike up for sale, there were about 37 watchers (PS member's I'm sure), and it generated so much interest, that I sold it for much more than I paid! WOW! You would have loved it Oddoneout! I will keep my eyes open for a similar band for you..,right here in good ole Canada!!

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/3/2009 3:28:39 PM

I don''t think that just any bezel band can be called a jazz lookalike (sorry beau
2.gif
) just like any o'' cushion halo can''t be called a Harry Winston lookalike. There are ''lookalikes'' out there, but just bezels in and of themselves don''t make for jazziness
1.gif

ETA: BTW, we should probably clarify which of the jazz bands you''re talking about?
That is just YOUR opinion, and you just love to rain on my parade any chance you get..I''m used to it.
According to OTHERS (whose opinions matter)..my band was one of the prettiest bezel bands seen on pricescope, AND often mistaken for the Tiffany Jazz (sorry Musey!)
28.gif
It seems others are a tad jealous (envious) when I get such fabulous deals on E-bay, that they paid quadruple for (and still lack the quality I had in my bezel band)! Did I mention that when I put the tiffany jazz band lookalike up for sale, there were about 37 watchers (PS member''s I''m sure), and it generated so much interest, that I sold it for much more than I paid! WOW! You would have loved it Oddoneout! I will keep my eyes open for a similar band for you..,right here in good ole Canada!!
I fail to see how someone pointing out that not all imitation bands are created equal translates into envy about your ebay success. No one was attacking you beau. This thread is not about you, your band, your fabulous ebay finds etc. It''s about helping oddoneout find a band in the style she is looking for.

Your band is an example of a bezel band, inspired by the Tiffany Jazz. As is mine. We posted them so she could see what we had. I think it''s important to point out the differences between the originals and the knockoffs, so people are happy with what they purchase. Your bezels aren''t as tightly linked as the jazz. Mine has smaller diamonds. These are all differences. They don''t make any of the pieces less beautiful, just different.

Oddoneout, was it indeed the continuous bezel you were looking for, or one of the other styles?

onedrop

Ideal_Rock

2.gif
) just like any o' cushion halo can't be called a Harry Winston lookalike. There are 'lookalikes' out there, but just bezels in and of themselves don't make for jazziness
1.gif

That is just YOUR opinion, and you just love to rain on my parade any chance you get..I'm used to it.
28.gif
It seems others are a tad jealous (envious) when I get such fabulous deals on E-bay, that they paid quadruple for (and still lack the quality I had in my bezel band)! Did I mention that when I put the tiffany jazz band lookalike up for sale, there were about 37 watchers (PS member's I'm sure), and it generated so much interest, that I sold it for much more than I paid! WOW! You would have loved it Oddoneout! I will keep my eyes open for a similar band for you..,right here in good ole Canada!!
Beau: I feel the above post should have been left out of this thread. This thread is about Tiffany Jazz bands's and the poster trying to find something similar. Now the OP's thread could be derailed because of you going at Musey. And I really don't see how Musey was trying to anatgonize you. All she did was state her opinion about the Jazz band, not about losing out on an eBay purchase! Surely Musey doesn't need me to defend her, but I just really felt compelled to interject regarding your post. I just hate it when people pose a question in a thread and then someone else comes along to make it all about them.

Getting back to the topic at hand: I think geckodani's idea is a great one, in that you could get the cast from Adwar and then have a jeweler where you live supply the diamonds. Or you could use WF as others have suggested. WF does a great job in accomodating one's needs.

Edited: for grammar

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love the low profile of the Jazz, and it looks to me like Dani's lovely ring comes as close as they come, despite the size discrepancy and 3/4 status.

Since Dani's the one who found the original adwar casting (and sparked my obsession with bezel set eternity bands), I echo her idea of going to a local Canadian jeweler and asking them to order the casting for you.

Best of luck to you!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock

I don''t think that just any bezel band can be called a jazz lookalike (sorry beau
2.gif
) just like any o'' cushion halo can''t be called a Harry Winston lookalike. There are ''lookalikes'' out there, but just bezels in and of themselves don''t make for jazziness
1.gif

That is just YOUR opinion, and you just love to rain on my parade any chance you get..I''m used to it.
28.gif
It seems others are a tad jealous (envious) when I get such fabulous deals on E-bay, that they paid quadruple for (and still lack the quality I had in my bezel band)! Did I mention that when I put the tiffany jazz band lookalike up for sale, there were about 37 watchers (PS member''s I''m sure), and it generated so much interest, that I sold it for much more than I paid! WOW! You would have loved it Oddoneout! I will keep my eyes open for a similar band for you..,right here in good ole Canada!!
But, you sold it. I mean, it was definitely a pretty band, but it''s not yours any longer, so I don''t understand what kind of reaction this post was meant to incite.

luvmyhalo

Brilliant_Rock
Good grief Beau. I really don''t think anyone was trying to rain on your parade. I agree with Musey, your bezel band was very pretty, but I wouldn''t call it a Jazz replica. Your posts lately seem to be a bit self-centered.
20.gif

Oddoneout: the band from BlueNile looks pretty good. How much were you hoping to spend?

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock

2.gif
1.gif

I'm sorry, what? When have I ever rained on your parade?? I have always made a very conscious effort to be kind and complimentary to anyone's "parade" on PS. If you honestly feel that I am 'out to get you,' then I am sorry to have made you feel that way, but you are mistaken. There are many members on this board who I recognize from thread to thread, but you are not one of them, so it's not logical to think that I would be attempting to antagonize someone with whom I don't have any sort of running relationship with. Regardless, this is not the correct place to air those thoughts.

28.gif
Beau, I assure you that I am not posting based on any kind of envy of your collection. You have lovely pieces and I would never try to take away from any of them. I had no intention of hurting your feelings or criticizing your bezel band, I simply was pointing out that it is not as similar in appearance to the Tiffany Jazz band as other designers' pieces. I did not get the impression that your band was even supposed to be similar, just another style of round bezeled bands - just as not all bead-set bands are intended to be an imitation of the Legacy (also from Tiffany).

Moreover, I do not by any means consider Tiffany to be automatically 'superior' to any other vendor out there, so when I say that certain other vendors' pieces are better "imitations" than others, I do not mean in an inferior next-best-thing way. Just another option.

I'm honestly flabbergasted at your reaction to such an innocent comment as "I don't think that just any bezel band can be called a jazz lookalike." All that that means is that the tiffany jazz band is a very specific style, as is yours, and in my opinion, they are different.

Oddoneout, I'm sorry for the digression from your topic, I just wanted to make extremely clear my intentions!!

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the shout-out, gecko! I love my band from BN and can''t wait to wear it for real. I actually didn''t know Tiff''s made an alternating band like that (BN was the first place I saw it), but Tiff''s was way out of my price range anyway. BN did a great job with mine; with a loupe I can tell the diamonds aren''t ideal cut like they would be from WF, but they still sparkle like mad.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Luvmyhalo, gecko and onedrop - thank you for sticking up for me
35.gif

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/3/2009 10:03:27 PM
Author: jstarfireb
Thanks for the shout-out, gecko! I love my band from BN and can''t wait to wear it for real. I actually didn''t know Tiff''s made an alternating band like that (BN was the first place I saw it), but Tiff''s was way out of my price range anyway. BN did a great job with mine; with a loupe I can tell the diamonds aren''t ideal cut like they would be from WF, but they still sparkle like mad.
I SO almost got that same band! I was drooling over it and about to pull the trigger when I found my adwar cast. I still may be forced to own one in the future.
11.gif
9.gif

Hi Musey
35.gif

Oddoneout, I know for a fact there is a 3/4 adwar cast of the alternating that I can dig up for you, if that''s the one you were thinking of.
5.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results