shape
carat
color
clarity

Tiffany Hallmark Question

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have been mooching ebay for an 18ct gold Tiffany pre-loved bracelet. Two I have found seem to have another hallmark chewing into the Tiffany hallmark, but not the others? Different sellers. Surely part of the Tiffany brand is the marking, so why would they make it unclear & bite across the bottom with something else? Both these bracelets have the same thing - a long hallmark over & across the bottom edge of the Tiff mark.

Fake?

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    227.7 KB · Views: 68
  • s-l1600 (1).jpg
    s-l1600 (1).jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 62

meesmom

Brilliant_Rock
I have been mooching ebay for an 18ct gold Tiffany pre-loved bracelet. Two I have found seem to have another hallmark chewing into the Tiffany hallmark, but not the others? Different sellers. Surely part of the Tiffany brand is the marking, so why would they make it unclear & bite across the bottom with something else? Both these bracelets have the same thing - a long hallmark over & across the bottom edge of the Tiff mark.

Fake?

Hi there!! I have a LOT of Tiffany, and I've bought pre-owned many times....what do you mean about the hallmark being "chewed?" The above hallmark looks just like ones i have on similar chains, tho.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi there!! I have a LOT of Tiffany, and I've bought pre-owned many times....what do you mean about the hallmark being "chewed?" The above hallmark looks just like ones i have on similar chains, tho.

Thanks for your reply! If you zoom in really close on both of these hallmarks, you'll see across the bottom, so between the base of the Tiffany&Co & the bottom edge of the plaque, there appears to be another set of stamps, chewing over the bottom slightly & making the lettering look messy.

None of the other bracelets I've looked at from the same range have this at all. It's just a very clear Tiffany&Co in the centre of a smooth, clear plaque.

OdetteOdile

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Alex, I can't help you with the hallmark, I'm afraid. I wanted to mention to you that therealreal.com has some lovely Tiffany items too, so you might want to check there as well as ebay. They get new items all the time, so it is worth checking regularly.

meesmom

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for your reply! If you zoom in really close on both of these hallmarks, you'll see across the bottom, so between the base of the Tiffany&Co & the bottom edge of the plaque, there appears to be another set of stamps, chewing over the bottom slightly & making the lettering look messy.

None of the other bracelets I've looked at from the same range have this at all. It's just a very clear Tiffany&Co in the centre of a smooth, clear plaque.

Honestly to me, that looks like a water mark. Like they cleaned the bracelet and didnt dry it off all the way. Can you ask for a photo of the other side of the tag? I think we can clear it up with that!! :)

meesmom

Brilliant_Rock
Heres a pic of 2 tags, both are 100% authentic, but they are slightly different...
20200528_121741.jpg

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Heres a pic of 2 tags, both are 100% authentic, but they are slightly different...
20200528_121741.jpg

Thanks again for your response! I have pictures of the reverse of both plaques & they both look fine. It's just the fronts that concern me, as to both my husband & I, the bottom edges of each letter looks chewed by these marks, more so on the second picture :((

meesmom

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks again for your response! I have pictures of the reverse of both plaques & they both look fine. It's just the fronts that concern me, as to both my husband & I, the bottom edges of each letter looks chewed by these marks, more so on the second picture :((

Ok I see. It could be damage to the tag, but it a very specific spot to be damaged. If it were me, and i was still interested in it, i would look at other elements of the bracelet (the infinity shapes, the "ears" that attach the shapes to the chain, and overall quality) to other pieces on the internet. But keep in mind its very difficult to photograph these tags, it took me several tries to get the pics i put here. They always come out blurry!!
20200528_121702.jpg

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love your term "mooching" Ebay for something! Going to steal that phrase. :D

Logan Sapphire

Ideal_Rock
I have that bracelet though mine is silver. I don’t know if the gold version has that weird mark, which I can see in your pictures. Do forgive the tarnish. 8D21ECE8-074E-4229-90AA-A3C1CB8C4F5C.jpeg

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have that bracelet though mine is silver. I don’t know if the gold version has that weird mark, which I can see in your pictures. Do forgive the tarnish. 8D21ECE8-074E-4229-90AA-A3C1CB8C4F5C.jpeg

I have others in platinum that don't have these teeny weird marks on, and there are many others on Ebay that also don't have the marks on. Everything else looks to be in order on both of them. I have zoomed & compared everything to pics from the Tiff site. I have scrutinised to within an inch of my life, but these marks bother me :roll:

This is all because Mr T doesn't like the Micro Hardware I've asked for, for less money than these & direct from Tiff. He says it looks "too hard" so I guess the branding is doing its job!

Consequently, he's doubled my bday budget. Yay!

Logan Sapphire

Ideal_Rock
A doubled budget sounds like a win!! If you purchased from Ebay, would you only buy from UK-based sellers or would you buy internationally?

meesmom

Brilliant_Rock
I have others in platinum that don't have these teeny weird marks on, and there are many others on Ebay that also don't have the marks on. Everything else looks to be in order on both of them. I have zoomed & compared everything to pics from the Tiff site. I have scrutinised to within an inch of my life, but these marks bother me :roll:

This is all because Mr T doesn't like the Micro Hardware I've asked for, for less money than these & direct from Tiff. He says it looks "too hard" so I guess the branding is doing its job!

Consequently, he's doubled my bday budget. Yay!

I agree that maybe yoi should move on...if it bugs you and your husband now, it always will. I have purchased items that Im 99.99% sure are authentic, but theres always that nagging feeling. I guess its part of the game for me. I love a bargain, and I wont stop, even if I get burned once or twice!!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A doubled budget sounds like a win!! If you purchased from Ebay, would you only buy from UK-based sellers or would you buy internationally?

It would depend entirely on the price, as I would have to pay 22% customs & import fees if I bought from the US. Most of the UK sellers offer free courier service, so makes it more appealing. There are many on ebay that people have original packaging & receipts for (who keeps receipts??) so i would be pretty confident they're genuine. But I'm a fussy bugger on style...... :lol:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results