shape
carat
color
clarity

tiffany hallmark preowned t wire bracelet

freddy

Rough_Rock
Hi,

I have a pre owned tiffany t wire bracelet, but am worried about the hallmarks, and especially as it has Au with the lowercase u. I have searched through various websites and have only found one other that has similar hallmarks.

Is this authentic??

I will post photo of the bracelet and hallmarks, plus a cropped pic from one that is for sale currently in England.

Thanks
bangle_0.jpg

rg_bracelet.jpg

other_hallmark.jpg

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The "Au" is the periodic table symbol for gold. The symbols for elements are commonly shown with two letters, only the first of which is capitalized. So the "750 Au" is meant to indicate that the bracelet is 750/1000 parts gold, or 18 karat gold.

Italy does not mandate the use of a specific hallmark or assay system to identify the purity of metals used in jewelry manufactured or sold in the country, so the "750 Au" could be used on jewelry manufactured in Italy.

This blog states that Tiffany has its jewelry hallmarked in London, but that information, even if was correct at the time, is now six years old. http://thejewelryloupe.com/jewelry-hallmarks-ultimate-consumer-protection/ We know that company practices can change very rapidly, especially when responding to economic pressures.

Unfortunately, we've been told that Tiffany will no longer authenticate jewelry.

Hopefully somebody who has Tiffany jewelry purchased in Europe will chime in and put your mind at ease!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I see nothing that looks different about it from the one you found at the bottom. Many times designer markings will change over time and older pieces from a line may not have the same markings as current ones. The safest way to buy second hand designer pieces is if there is an original sales receipt that comes with the piece. Naturally those could be faked, but reputable Tiffany resellers are probably pretty good at spotting fake paperwork. Often second hand Tiffany ends up being priced like a new custom piece, so even if it were fake, you'd still probably not be too bad off value-wise. But it certainly appears to be high quality, and I wouldn't particularly be worried.

freddy

Rough_Rock
The hallmark worried me, as like I mentioned only one I could find looked similar. Most others I could see have AU with capitals, other than the one I posted before, hence my concern.

Here is a photo from one showing what I mean in regards to the AU. au_hallmark_1.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results