shape
carat
color
clarity

Tiffany eternity ring profile question

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

beach

Brilliant_Rock
Several PS members have commented on how Tiffany eternity rings sit low. Can anybody tell me the height in mm? I am guessing they are around 2mm. Maybe less? I was unable to find a thread that gave the approximate height. Thanks!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
BEACH how funny, I am looking for an answer to this exact same question! I think you need to specify which carat weight you are interested in... the height in mm will depend on the size of the diamonds.

I personally am interested in learning the height of the .27ctw and the .56ctw half circle eternity bands!

beach

Brilliant_Rock
That info would probably help
3.gif
It will be around 1.5 tcw and on a 6.5 finger. Full eternity and channel set.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/21/2009 5:21:42 PM
Author: beach
That info would probably help
3.gif
It will be around 1.5 tcw and on a 6.5 finger. Full eternity and channel set.
How large is each diamond? CHannel set rings are really really low. I tried on the 2.5mm width version and it looked to be about 1.5mm thick, using my solitaire as a guideline.

hearts-arrows_girl

Brilliant_Rock
2mm sounds pretty close. I have the 1ct eternity band .04 x 25 stones, and it actually seems to sit pretty tall. It is thicker than my 1/2 eternity (not T&Co). I thought about getting my Tiffany band 1/2 size smaller so that all 3 of my rings would sit flush, but it would have been too tight. Here is a picture of all 3 of my rings together. I have started wearing my T&Co ring as a RHR because it is such a nice ring that it can hold its own beautifully. You can see how the T&Co ring sticks out slightly when worn with my wedding set.

Tiffany 3mm PS.jpg

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
i don't know either but they are def. very low...

ETA: this ring is made up of .07's and is .56 ctw half eternity.

butterfly's old rings...

tiffanyvcbutterly.JPG

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
They sit very low. It depends on which ones you are looking at. Is there a specific style you have your eye on? I might be able to answer your question if I know which ring you are looking at...

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Here are a few profiles of gal''s Tiffany wedding rings I can think of off the top of my head. Hope this helps!

Diamondseeker2006''s Tiffany Legacy wedding band:
Leon%20Mege%20and%20Tiffany%20rings%20011.jpg
Leon%20Mege%20and%20Tiffany%20rings%20014.jpg

Lovestreet''s shared prong setting:
Side%20profile%20shared%20prong12345.JPG

lisa10.0fvs1''s Channel set half, Shared half, Channel set full:
P4240007.5.JPG

musey''s Tiffany Jazz:
museysweddingband010.jpg
museysweddingband014.jpg

Cosmogrrl''s Tiffany Metro:
0712088.jpg
0712084.jpg

Novopiggy''s Novo wedding band:
novoo05.JPG

beach

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you so much!!! The pics are great and they really help!

beach

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/22/2009 3:09:17 AM
Author: hearts-arrows_girl
2mm sounds pretty close. I have the 1ct eternity band .04 x 25 stones, and it actually seems to sit pretty tall. It is thicker than my 1/2 eternity (not T&Co). I thought about getting my Tiffany band 1/2 size smaller so that all 3 of my rings would sit flush, but it would have been too tight. Here is a picture of all 3 of my rings together. I have started wearing my T&Co ring as a RHR because it is such a nice ring that it can hold its own beautifully. You can see how the T&Co ring sticks out slightly when worn with my wedding set.
Your ering and wedding band are similar to mine. The reason I want an eternity is because my wedding band drives me nuts! It is always flipping around and it is a half eternity like yours. Did you get sizing beads? I really don't want to get the soldered either because I like to wear them seperately. Jeff Cooper said I could trade in my wedding band for an eternity wedding band and I was curious about how it would sit next to my ering. I see what you mean about the profile being a little larger on the eternity. I think I would have a similar issue too. What should I do?
20.gif

hearts-arrows_girl

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/22/2009 6:09:10 PM
Author: beach

Date: 5/22/2009 3:09:17 AM
Author: hearts-arrows_girl
Your ering and wedding band are similar to mine. The reason I want an eternity is because my wedding band drives me nuts! It is always flipping around and it is a half eternity like yours. Did you get sizing beads? I really don''t want to get the soldered either because I like to wear them seperately. Jeff Cooper said I could trade in my wedding band for an eternity wedding band and I was curious about how it would sit next to my ering. I see what you mean about the profile being a little larger on the eternity. I think I would have a similar issue too. What should I do?
20.gif
I hate my rings flipping around too. Yes, I have 2 sizing beads AND my wedding and e-ring are soldered. That''s why I got the eternity band, because I was not going to connect it to my wedding set, but I knew it would drive me crazy if I had to keep fixing it all day. When I do wear all 3 on one hand, I have started wearing the T&Co band first, so that the biggest is in the bottom. It sort of hides the little sticking out the eternity band does. My set is extremely thin and sits very flush with my finger. I never liked the spread finger thing that thick metal rings do when they stick out on the sides. It seems most peoples rings ARE thicker, so the eternity bands blend better with the most rings.

hearts-arrows_girl

Brilliant_Rock
Here is a picture of the 2mm 1/2 carat T&Co eternity band with my set. I tried on both rings so that I could decide which one I like best. It is not my size, 1 size too big, which is why THIS one sticks out so much, but it is a slightly shorter (thinner) band and sits more flush than the 1ct. one I got. (I got my 1ct band from a private party, not a business, on ebay for about 1/3 the price of a new one. I got paperwork too, and had it authenticated at Tiffany's before the paypal funds were released to the seller.) In case you didn't feel like paying $4,000 + tax, there are many T&Co rings there. Good luck with your search.

Tiffany 2mm eternity band PS.jpg

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/22/2009 2:15:39 PM
Author: Dreamgirl
They sit very low. It depends on which ones you are looking at. Is there a specific style you have your eye on? I might be able to answer your question if I know which ring you are looking at...

Dreamgirl, I don''t want to threadjack, but since my question is so related to Beach''s I hope she won''t mind if I jump in!
9.gif
Do you happen to know the height to the nearest tenth of a mm of the .27ctw and the .56ctw half round tiffany''s bands? Thanks so much if you do!!

beach

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you for the help !!!

Just bought the 3mm round eternity platinum wedding ring (1ctw) from Tiffany. The Tiffany profile is very low and it looks perfect with my Jeff Cooper ering !!! Pricey but well worth it
1.gif
Jeff Cooper tried to make an eternity band, but it was not proportioned well at all and the depth was very deep and way off. I hate to say it, but it looked like a washer you would find in a hardware store. My Jeff Cooper wedding band will now be used as a right hand stacker.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ummmm.... PICTURES?!??!

beach

Brilliant_Rock
Will have some soon. The batteries need to be charged
3.gif

From what I can tell the depth is about 2mm for the 1ctw eternity. The half channel bands were about the same, maybe a little less. I really don't think that they go much thinner even with lower ctw bands. On another note, the tops of the half channel bands are thin too. This helps keeps the bands from being top heavy and spinning. Some designers make the tops a lot heavier with metal where the diamonds are set so they spin more (like my original Jeff Cooper wedding band).

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results