shape
carat
color
clarity

Tiffany Engagement Ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

dchu1975

Rough_Rock
I recently purchased a diamond online, and I must say that the quality for the price was unbelievable. With that complete, I am now looking for a platinum mounting. My girlfriend really likes the Tiffany classic engagemnet ring. However, they do not sell the mountings separately. We've been to numerous jewelry stores and looked for a similar setting. They all come close in that they consist of a band and claw head. But there are small details about the actual Tiffany ring that we like, i.e. sharp knife-ege band that tapers at the bottom and low head which sits on a bridge. I have checked several stores, looked in the Stuller catalog, and even considered custom designing it. But I know that custom designing a simple setting as this would not make sense and would not be very cost-effetive. Does anyone have any suggestions?

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Dchu1975, welcome to the forum :)

I recall somebody posted a while ago that they bought the setting separately from Diamond.com.

sparkly

Rough_Rock
dchu,
I have been searching for the Tiffany six-prong platinum setting, too. Does anyone know which company makes it for Tiffany? So far, none of the "so-called" Tiffany six-prongs on the market look as elegant as the real thing. I have a source that claims to be able to make one just like the real Tiffany setting but I would really love to see a sample.

Anyone has any suggestions? Thanks.

The Gipper

Rough_Rock
I'm looking for a good quality at a good price. Where did you end up buying, and what size/quality did you get?

Thanks in advance.

dchu1975

Rough_Rock
The Gipper, I bought the diamond from Dirt Cheap Diamonds. Jim was very helpful, and the service was A+. The stone I bought was much cheaper than anywhere else I checked on the internet. Give the website a try, and call them. Jim and his staff are very helpful. My stone was 1.02 carat, ideal cut, EX symmetry, EX polish, VS1 clarity, F color, and I paid $6100. It is GIA certified also.

sparkly, I have been searching for that "elegant" setting for about two months now, and I haven't found it. I hear that the settings are made in NY in the Diamond District by one of the jewelers there. Apparently, Tiffany contracts it out, but they are not allowed to sell the mounting separately. Tiffany goes to great lengths to prevent this. There have been a lot of people that claim they can make it, but when I look at the computer drawings and wax molds, they are not the same thing. I've gotten to the acceptance that we won't be able to get that same setting unless we buy the stone/mounting from Tiffany (which I am not about to do). So, I'm going with something close from Stuller. Take a look at their Solstice Solitaire. The head is a bit bulky, but the rest if almost the same. We're just going to replace the head. Hope this helps.

tonysgeko

Shiny_Rock
Premium
. Email him and he'll send you the pic of the ring he can make along with a timeline of when to expect it. Hope this helps.[/u]

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Dont know if you have done this already but run a quick search on Google for 'Tiffany Engagement Ring' and you will find many many jewelers who make similar stylings. I haven't seen an actual Tiffany ring in person but you might find something very close..closer than the Stuller piece. Also WhiteFlash.Com has a bunch of gorgeous solitaire settings as well.

Good luck!

tonysgeko

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Found the pic, this is the tiffany style ring Juan can make.

VgTif_WEB.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results