shape
carat
color
clarity

Tiffany Embrace Prices

TooManyOptions

Rough_Rock
I've spoken to TIffany in the UK, USA and also their Duty-Free store at London Heathrow and have been quoted some prices for a Tiffany Embrace ring with varying center stones.

Tiffany UK worked out to be by far the most expensive and had very little selection, so it's going to be USA or UK Duty-Free I think.

What do you guys think of these prices?

Tiffany USA

0.94, G, VS1, $14,873 (£9,543)
0.82, H, VVS2, $11,663 (£7,483)

Tiffany UK Duty-Free

0.8, E, VS1, £8,416 ($13,116)

I have done some searches for diamonds with similar characteristics and, to be honest, it doesn't actually seem as though I could save much by going non-Tiffany.

By the time you factor in the cost of the setting (at least $1500-2000 at most online diamond dealers (whiteflash etc)),the Tiffany options only seem to come out around $1000-$1500 more, which is a premium I'm willing to pay for the name/service (obviously I haven't yet seen the diamonds and would need to).

Unless I'm missing something, I don't see how the massive savings people talk about being available online from non-Tiffany suppliers are possible?

slg47

Ideal_Rock
Ultimately you have to decide what factors are most important to you.

For the first ring, G VS1

diamond would be around 8500, setting around 3500 for a high quality setting, so you could save about 3000.

also, many PSers choose to go the non-designer route not just for cost savings but also to customize the design. for example, if you go with a non-tiffany you could get one that would work better with a wedding band

smitcompton

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi,

I just want to comment that I think to have a Tiffiny ring would be wonderful. A 1,500 premium is worth it. Just my 2 cents.

Annette

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Simply for ease, I am going to go with the premium also, which is something I typically would not say as I am not Tiffany's biggest fan. If you're only saving $1500 and you're getting a finished ring, that is probably worth it in your situation. I would also go with the G VS1.

TooManyOptions

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the comments so far.

With regard to the "premium" it's not only the brand for me, but also the fact that there is a Tiffany store in the mall right near the apartment, meaning it will be far easier to get the ring re-sized if necessary and for cleaning etc (or worst case if she decided she wanted a different ring :sick: )

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
ALSO very good points and well thought out.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think the G VS1 is the best bet.

The embrace is an RB right?

That said, cut quality does vary at Tiffany. I would ask for the crown, pavilion angles and the depth and crown % for each option and then input the numbers into the HCA, scores under 2 warrant further consideration. Cut quality would influence my choice.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
also a good point.

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
I would also choose the 0.94 provided it's well-cut (Tiffany diamonds tend to be, but it would be nice if you could get the numbers as Dreamer said). For me, E is color overkill and not worth sacrificing size, and G-H/VS1-VVS2 are about equivalent, so I'd choose the bigger one.

TooManyOptions

Rough_Rock
Does anyone know if Tiffany will give the measurements/angles etc out?

I had pretty much ruled the E colour out already due to price/size.

Of the other 2, I would obviously take cut quality and how they look to my eye into consideration, but the $3k price difference between the 0.82 and 0.94 may have a say in it lol

Of course, they may have other options by the time I get to see them in store (and will of course speak to them ahead of time to get as many choices in-store for me as possible).

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
They should. And hopefully both come with legitimate grading reports and not just their own grading certs that they produce. I know they can get GIA graded stones. Simply ask the rep you're working with for the grading reports and measurements for each stone, as you are trying to select from these two.

HollyRF

Rough_Rock
I recently got engaged and got a Tiffany Embrace. Mine was .81 G VS1 and seriously is the most sparkly diamond I've ever seen! We paid $10,000 for it, but that was right before the price increase that happened in June, so I'm guessing it would now be close to $11,000. I'll include a few pics so you can see!

I look at about 4 different Tiffany Embraces and I'll be honest, I couldn't really notice a difference in size between the .81 carat that I got and a .92 that was $2,000 more. So definitely compare the two next to each other.

Good luck to you, I love, love, LOVE my Tiffany Embrace!

20110728-164602-1.jpg

20110727-200705-1.jpg

TooManyOptions

Rough_Rock
HollyRF|1315750531|3014992 said:
I recently got engaged and got a Tiffany Embrace. Mine was .81 G VS1 and seriously is the most sparkly diamond I've ever seen! We paid $10,000 for it, but that was right before the price increase that happened in June, so I'm guessing it would now be close to $11,000. I'll include a few pics so you can see!

I look at about 4 different Tiffany Embraces and I'll be honest, I couldn't really notice a difference in size between the .81 carat that I got and a .92 that was $2,000 more. So definitely compare the two next to each other.

Good luck to you, I love, love, LOVE my Tiffany Embrace!

What a lovely ring. Thank you so much for the pics, that's really helped me in terms of seeing what a stone of that size looks like in an Embrace.

You don't have any pics with a simple band-type of ring next to the embrace do you? I'm trying to get an idea of how much of a gap there would be between the Embrace and a wedding band, as I know they won't sit flush due to the mounting on the stone.

HollyRF

Rough_Rock
Hi! No problem! I wish I had a few better photos. Both of those photos were taken with my iPhone. By the way, I'm a ring size 5, if that gives you a better idea of proportion.

And no, I don't have any photos with the wedding band, though I did try on the Channel-set band ring (2mm), that it's shown with on the website. You're right, it doesn't sit flush, but honestly, that didn't bother me at all. I really like the look of the rings with a gap, but that's a personal preference I know. I feel like it showcases the beauty of each ring, rather than bulking them all together into one big mass. Again, that's totally my preference, I know that other people hate when there's a gap between their rings.

You should definitely try them on and see for yourself. Nothing can replace seeing these rings in person. =)

Let me know if you have any more questions!

centralsquare

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful ring, Holly :appl:

HollyRF

Rough_Rock
Thanks! I love it! It sparkles like mad! =)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results