color
clarity

TIFFANY E-RING POLL! please vote!

ooohdiamonds

Rough_Rock
TIFFANY classic setting
or
TIFFANY emerald cut with tapered baguettes

i'm in love with Tiffany, and always have been. I've always loved emerald cut diamonds, but also think that the classic setting is amazing too. basically, i love clean, elegant & classic rings, and i'm torn in between these two. what would you chose ?

Eilonwy

Shiny_Rock
Emerald cut with baguettes on the side is my vote - because a) it's more unique and different and b) my ring is the classic Tiffany but with a small diamond and with all that metal showing the scratches in the platinum are often obvious to me and bug me - so I reckon the less metal showing on top, the less likely that sort of thing is going to annoy you and it will look new and high quality for a looooong time.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'll always vote for the classic Tiffany setting - elegant, timeless, gorgeous!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
MissGotRocks|1304168376|2908535 said:
I'll always vote for the classic Tiffany setting - elegant, timeless, gorgeous!

Same here! (although once you get into the 3 ct. range, I'd prefer the emerald)

Frenchcut

Shiny_Rock
+1 for the classic Tiffany setting...it's simply timeless

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
The EC with baguettes! I adore ECs, and I think the Tiff's setting with baguettes is perfect and elegant and oh-so-classy. The classic Tiffany setting is lovely as well, but I much prefer ECs to RBs as center stones.

What's your preference? Do you like rounds or ECs better? I think this should play a big part in your decision.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
I vote for the emerald, but that's because I'm no a fan of RBs.

If I were you I'd buy two cheapie rings, one emerald and one rb, and wear them around to see which I liked best. Big department stores like Macy's always have fake engagement rings for under $40, I think.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Another vote for the tiffany classic!

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
It depends - what size center stone are you looking to get? Like diamondseeker, I think emerald-cuts look better for larger carats, but I would choose an RB if its under 3 carats. You really can't go wrong either way though. Definitely try them out before making a decision (Haven's got a great idea too about buying some cheapies first).

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, I think it would be good if we could start over knowing the size diamond you are talking about! I am thinking that kittybean's size (over 2 cts.) and up would be nice in a setting with side baguettes. If we are talking about 1 carat, for example, I just don't think it would look good with an EC with baguettes compared to a round. Over 3 carats I would prefer the emerald cut, but between 2 and 3 I think you could go either way.

bethprov

Shiny_Rock
One more for Emerald cut. I like the Tiffany classic setting but there is something so special, classy and unique about the Tiffany EC with side stones that will be a little different than the average ring. As a note, I have a .57 ct emerald and in comparison to my .52 RB diamond, I think the emerald cut looks a lot bigger on my finger. This probably depends on your finger so try both on. I really like the idea mentioned above of buying a costume version of both and try them out for a few days, wearing it for a while is definitely the only way to really get a good feel for what suits you best. Good luck!

pixgirl

Shiny_Rock
Emerald cut with baguettes. Different and not the usual RB.

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
EC if it is over 1 ct. I could go either way below 1 ct...but probably still the EC:)

Winks_Elf

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I'm not much help...I'm in love with the Tiffany Ribbon ring!

But if I had to choose one, I'd vote for the emerald with tapered baguettes...classic!

shinychic

Rough_Rock
Emerald with bags! A beautiful, yet classic combination!

iota15

Brilliant_Rock
I'd try them both on and see how you feel.

But since you're asking for opinions, I'd pick the emerald with baguettes - different, still classic and beautiful. However, this is carat and finger size dependent. If you have a smaller finger size, you don't need to go up to a 2 ct like these girls are suggesting IMO. It all depends on your fingers and how it looks.

But if you've ALWAYS loved emeralds - then just do it. If I told you your future FI chose the emerald and there was no possibility of refund, how would you feel?

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
iota15|1304240099|2908995 said:
I'd try them both on and see how you feel.

But since you're asking for opinions, I'd pick the emerald with baguettes - different, still classic and beautiful. However, this is carat and finger size dependent. If you have a smaller finger size, you don't need to go up to a 2 ct like these girls are suggesting IMO. It all depends on your fingers and how it looks.

But if you've ALWAYS loved emeralds - then just do it. If I told you your future FI chose the emerald and there was no possibility of refund, how would you feel?

Ditto to this! While I am a round brilliant girl.... If choosing between the classic Tiffany or the EC w/ bag. I choose EC. For RB stones I'm partial to eternity band settings or three stone rings myself.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would go with a RB. One of the reasons is because that shape looks better on my hand! Also, for the sparkle, I'd prefer a round stone.

Haven's suggestion about testing out the two shapes on your hand is an excellent one!

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
EC :naughty:

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Surprising that you really dont lean one way or another....two totally different looks. I third Haven's suggestion- go and get some fakey rings in both cuts, wear them around for a couple of weeks, then see what you really prefer. EC sparkle so differently from RB's- Im thinking you really must truly have a preference of one over the other.

Now if you're asking for personal opinion, I vote EC!!! Adore them, and have always adored them! Just a classic, timeless look.

Blackpaw

Ideal_Rock
Definitely the EC =) i tried that style on in Tiffany's years ago and actually had butterflies (or was it indigestions?!)...its a classic style :love:

minmin001

Ideal_Rock
I always love the tiffany setting but when I tried it on, I don't really like the knife edge design since it is very uncomfortable to me. if you don't have a problem with that, then tiffany setting indeed~

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results