shape
carat
color
clarity

Tiffany Disaster

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

kizor

Rough_Rock
As I walked the halls of the King of Prussia mall in Philadelphia I knew I would sooner or later walk by the Tiffany store. “Walk fast, don’t look up, maybe she wont notice it,” I told myself. And then it happened. “Honey, can we go in just to have a look around,” she asked. “Oh what an excellent idea,” I said as I thought to myself...good, great, grand, another pric of the day. Please understand, my gf doesn’t expect me to buy her a Tiffany ring (althought i think she would like one). She has no idea she is getting a ring. And if she did, she wouldn’t want me to pay that much money. At least, that is what i keep telling myself. But she really liked the Lucida ring design. Does anyone know where to purchase a similar design? Which brings up another good point. What does one do after purchasing a loose diamond and band? Will the local jewelry dealer set the diamond? Will they get offended that I didn’t purchase from there store? Please excuse my ignorance on the subject matter. I am a newbie.

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
Several of the Price Scope vendors sell sets as well as loose diamonds. You might want to scope out the web sites and see if you find a comparable style. The PS vendors will be more than glad to work with you mounting the diamond you select in the set you select.

Another way to go is have the diamond and set shipped to Dave Atlas, aka Old Miner, for evaluation. Several of the PS vendors will ship direct to him without you having to pay up front. If you approve Mr. Atlas' evaluation of the diamond, you pay the vendor, and Mr. Atlas can have the diamond set for you.

If you buy a Hearts and Arrows diamond, and want to view the patterns yourself prior to mounting, just take the diamond to a local jeweler for mounting. You might purchase a set locally and the diamond online. The possibilities are as unique and individual as you are.

Good luck finding your perfect e-ring!
2.gif

Turtle

Rough_Rock
Here's a pic of the Vatche X-Prong who supposedly makes the Lucida setting for Tiffany. I haven't verified this myself but several other people have posted that it is the same.

Many people carry this setting including www.whiteflash.com and www.superbcert.com. You can go to www.dvatche.com and look to see who is an autorized reseller in your area if you don't want to buy over the web.

Vatche (in NY) will set the stone for you which is a requirement of their "lifetime warranty." I don't know what that warranty covers. If you're not concerned with their warranty, anyone else can set it for you. If you didn't buy the stone or the ring from the jeweler you're asking to set it, they are more than likely to charge you $$ to set the stone.
sad.gif

xprong.jpg

kizor

Rough_Rock
Rough Rock,

thanks for the pic. i have seen that ring on whiteflash and thought it lookied like the lucida. your confirmation was helpful.

kizor

Rough_Rock
Cut Rock,

thanks for the feedback as well!!!

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
I'm very sorry to say that it looks a bit like the real thing, but the Lucida isn't exactly like that... It's very beautiful and elegant none the less!
1.gif
What size are you looking at?

kizor

Rough_Rock
Her ring size is 5 or 6. I am looking for 1.10 princess cut diamond. have been searching for the perfect one. not there yet. i'm going to go out on a limb and assume Tiffany's bands are not sold seperately. i am open to any suggestions on ring ideas.
rolleyes.gif

kizor

Rough_Rock
pqcollectibles,

Thanks for the feedback...i just realized i addressed you as cut rock...heheheheh...sorry for the mistake.

Kizor
loopy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results