shape
carat
color
clarity

Tiffany Deco Ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

markboots

Rough_Rock
I read a few posts that were done a few years ago about the Tiffany Deco ring. I am looking at having this ring made and did not want to pay the extra for a Tiffany ring. I am looking at a ring with a 1.5cts centre stone but needed to get the measurements of this ring before I can get prices quoted to make it. I need the thickness and the width. The width and thickness would be at the area around the center stone and the bottom. since the band size varies as it is not the same size throughout. I figured 0.5cts in the band would work. Any help on the measurements would be greatly apreciated.

I have attached a picture.

DECO 111.jpg

markboots

Rough_Rock
And another pic

DECO 112.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mark,
Your best bet is to give the jewellers a picture of the ring and let them figure out the dimensions. They are experienced in guessing the measurements based on pictures due to their years of experience in dealing with such things. Unless another person on Pricescope has the exact ring with a 1.5ct center stone, I don''t think anyone else will know the answer to your question.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Have to agree wtih Chrono here - unless someone has a similar ring and knows the ctw of the band we''d be hard pressed to answer. Talk to a jeweler. BTW, I adore that setting...it''s a GREAT choice! Good luck.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Someone else on here did re-create that ring -- only theirs did not maintain the taper up to the stone (citing additional costs to custom cut tapered baguettes).

I really don''t know how to find their thread though.

The taper part is one of my favorite parts ... any chance you could get the original?? I doubt you''ll match the precision & quality in a recreation.

markboots

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the information. I actually called tiffany''s and they told me there would be 54 points in the band for a 1.5ct centre stone. I have thought about the original but that is a big price to pay. I realize it will guarantee me what I want but I was hoping that from the pictures and a few specific measurements that a good jeweler would be able to replicate it. Tiffanys have not been very helpful when I have asked about the width and the thickness. I might have to head over there and try to determine the measurements but it is a few hours drive for me and still it would not be exact measurements since I would not be measuring it in front of the sales person.

diagem

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Hope this image helps a bit...
Are you planning to use calibre-cut trapezoids? or Rounds... for the shank?

Plat.A.JPG

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Leon Mege made a similar setting for acegirlbda: my guess is the jeweler you''re working with would have a good idea of what they are comfortable making and what dimentions they would recommend. Do keep in mind that exact replica''s especially on more complicated designs are very hard to accomplish so it''s best to just get the real deal if possible or make modifications to the custom piece so you can be happy with it.

r766-02F-2.jpg

markboots

Rough_Rock
Thanks DiaGem. That image is what I am looking for.

In regards to your question ,"Are you planning to use calibre-cut trapezoids? or Rounds... for the shank?" I have no idea? Any advise would be GREATLY appreciated. Sorry I just don''t know enough.

Can you provide me with the information in reference to the width and thickness of the band?

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/28/2007 5:25:34 PM
Author: markboots
''Are you planning to use calibre-cut trapezoids? or Rounds... for the shank?'' I have no idea? Any advise would be GREATLY appreciated.
If you want the ring to resemble the Tiffany DECO ring specifically -- you''re going to need to use square & tapered (trapazoidal) step-cut stones. NOT rounds. I''m sure if you wanted rounds in the band instead you''d have just shown us a picture of Tiffany''s standard channel-set round setting.

gongjoo143

Shiny_Rock
Hi - That is a gorgeous ring. Mark T from Engagementringsdirect actually recreated the exact ring for my friend about a year and a half ago. I would give him a call. I know he went to Tiffany''s to look at it before he made it.
I''ve seen the finished product and it is simply stunning.

Good luck!

diagem

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 6/28/2007 5:25:34 PM
Author: markboots
Thanks DiaGem. That image is what I am looking for.

In regards to your question ,''Are you planning to use calibre-cut trapezoids? or Rounds... for the shank?'' I have no idea? Any advise would be GREATLY appreciated. Sorry I just don''t know enough.

Can you provide me with the information in reference to the width and thickness of the band?
Sorry mb..., its confidential information that Tiffany would not appreciate coming out on this public forum...., and I respect that!

In regards to calibre-cut Diamonds..., they are quite pricier than rounds..., they are cut to specific orders!
But there are jewelers out there who can provide these type of Diamonds.

Research = Results!

Good luck,

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
you will need some kind of specially cut sides, since each stone is different than its neighbor.

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
Are calibre cut steps the same as French cuts? Because the smaller square stones on the side look like French cuts to my eye...?

diagem

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 6/28/2007 6:18:55 PM
Author: surfgirl
Are calibre cut steps the same as French cuts? Because the smaller square stones on the side look like French cuts to my eye...?
No, French-Cuts are cut completely different.
These calibre-cut trapezoids are made of step-cut faceting as baguettes are.

Some old/Art-Deco designs used calibre-cut French-cuts..., but you rarely see them anymore...

Here are a sample of trapezoid French-Cuts I posted once...

FCTrap.JPG

markboots

Rough_Rock
Yes I would want to use calibre-cut trapezoids. Thank you all for your help. Diagem, I respect your decision not to provide me the information but I would think Tiffany would say that there original design would be better than someone trying to recreate it. Thank you for another picture.

Gongjoo143 I will contact Mark T and see if he can help. I actually think the width is probably around 3-3.5mm but I will continue to research.

markboots

Rough_Rock
Diagem,

Can you send me a picture of the Tiffany Deco ring on a side angle? I want to see what the ring looks like in a was looking head on from the side. Your head on ring picture was helpful but was hoping to see one from a different angle. I am not sure if I said it right but my side view picture that I would like to see would be if I was looking down someones finger at the ring.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results