shape
carat
color
clarity

Tiffany & Co. Rings

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

DiamondSeeker10

Rough_Rock
Are Tiffany rings cut special or different from any other rings. I guess what i am asking, is the ring anything special, or am i paying a lot of extra money for a blue box and blue bag. On paper, i can get a much better ring elsewhere on a similiar budget, but is there something special about a tiffany solitaire diamond in six prong setting?

dimonbob

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
There is one other thing that is special about a Tiffany ring...It is the "Tiffany & Co." stamp inside of the ring. Their round diamonds are ideal cut but not hearts and arrows. One other special thing is the very special price.
Your baby will love that you thought enough to buy her a Tiffany ring but later on when she is matching rings with her friends with larger diamonds, that cost the same, she will be just a little green. After all, nobody can see the stamp on the inside of the ring and she doesn't carry around the cute little box.
Your call!

niceice

Brilliant_Rock

----------------
On 3/26/2003 9:49:59 PM dimonbob wrote:

Their round diamonds are ideal cut but not hearts and arrows. One other special thing is the very special price.

----------------

Actually the proportions rating for Tiffany Diamonds ranges from AGS-2 Very Good up to zero ideal cut... But good luck trying to figure out whether the diamond you are looking at is ideal cut or not because several of our clients have indicated that they tried to get the proportions data from Tiffany and were told that it wasn't available... Hence they became our clients
2.gif
which seems kind of absurd to us since the NYC buying office for T&C has several Sarin machines on the premises...

The only reason to buy from Tiffany & Co. is if you need the name recognition... Diamonds of comparable quality (and quite often better quality) are available from practically every dealer here on PS as are the ring styles offered by T&C minus the stamp of course...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results