shape
carat
color
clarity

Tiffany & Co. fun- 3 carat E VVS1.

bigsparkles

Rough_Rock
My bf and I went to Tiffanys in Tysons Corner, VA. I tried on a 3 carat E VVS1 diamond for fun ...it had a hefty price tag of 250K. I had fun even tho the sales person had a nasty attitude ..... :wink2: oh well... here are the pics!

photo 3.JPG

photo 4.JPG

photo 1.JPG

Gorgeous, I bet you did have fun!

Purdy!.
So, did you buy it, or was not not big, colorless or eye-clean nuff?

:bigsmile:

haha I wish.... :lickout:

I was surprise to find out that the stones are not certified by GIA or AGS. They are "Tiffanys" certified. Interesting.... They said that Tiffanys has a high standard for Cut quality than GIA and AGS.

That is a big diamond. I am glad you had fun.

wow!

8) Yummy!

Ohhh.....me LIKEY! :naughty: Not sure how it can be worth 250k though :confused:

Whoa, that's certainly a rock! Thanks for sharing the pics!

WOW!! It looks gorgeous and HUGE!! (how come everyone else's 3ct looks big except mine?!) What finger size are you?

Not worth the quarter-of-a-million price tag though.

How fun! Last year when I went to the Intergem show, I tried on a 3 ct just for fun and it was my size so it fit perfect. It looked huge on my size 4 finger. But yeah, definitely not worth the quarter of a million pricetag. And what is with these Tiffany sales people and their nasty attitudes?! I swear every time I go in there I am treated poorly too.

Worth every penny!!!

My finger size is 3.75 ... my bf almost said to the sales person "Does that attitude come free with a price tag?" but he didn't... hehe... but I wished he had. It was one of those things you think about saying and you stop yourself but then you wish you had after??? -_-

Oh that is HUGE :D
And so overpriced :D

I am sorry to hear everybody is getting bad treatment at Tiffany's, my experience is different. We always get nice and polite sales assistants and even when I tell them that we are not buying that, but I'd like to see it anyways, they pull out whatever I want with a smile on their face. =)

As for the certificate, "smaller" diamonds get only the Tiffany certificate, above 1ct gets GIA as far as I know?

I've had good experiences at the Tiffany in my town. And I've experienced quite a few of their sales staff! One time, this guy was insistent that I try on their fancy yellow diamond rings. And recently, I was wondering if I could afford some DBTY small studs (I couldn't) as my Blue Nile Signatures are large for everyday. The associate pulled out these studs that were way more than I could afford, then gave me an evil smile and said, in her foreign accent, "Vee are going vild now!" :lol:

Another assistant offered to clean my jewelry, gave me a leaflet about Tiffany gems, and the others have just generally been polite.

motownmama|1329143670|3125271 said:
Worth every penny!!!

What she said! :love:

Hubba hubba!

Can I haz it :love: :love:

Beautiful ring! The Tiffany's in Tysons lacks in their personnel - if you ever go again, try the Tiffany's in Chevy Chase. Much better customer service - even if you are just looking!

How fun! I love going to Tiffany's and trying on stuff. The Tiffany's at Las Vegas, in Ceasar's Palace AND Bellagio, both have really nice staff. I go every year in March and July and the staff actually remember me sometimes and are sooo polite. Tiffany's Beverly Hills had not only nice staff, but a super nice and helpful jeweler in the repair section, he's been there for years, Tom, I think. He helped me when I sent my eternity band back to New York for cleaning and valuation. If people don't have a good attitude they should not work in a service job. Sorry about your bad experience. Ya know what I found odd? Except for Tom in Beverly Hills, who was a genius at his craft, I found the sales associates at almost all the Tiffs I went to weren't very knowledgeable about diamond cut. I would ask them about certain stones and they really didn't understand my questions. Crazy huh? When you sell $250,000. stones, I would think you would have experts showing them. Thanks for sharing your pictures, I loved them.

GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP