shape
carat
color
clarity

Tiffany & Co Engagement Ring price

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

poorbugga

Rough_Rock
First off, great site and forum, I''ve learned a lot in the several hours I''ve spent on here today.

I''ve browsed the forums here for a few hours and haven''t found the information I''m looking for; I am aware of the many, many threads on Tiffany & Co that already exist. I know the pros and cons of getting a ring there (my girlfriend loves the store btw), and provided I can afford it, it is my first choice.

I am looking to buy a classic 6-prong solitaire engagement ring (brilliant round cut, .5 carat, I color, VS2 clarity) Does anyone know approximately how much this would cost at T&Co? I am pretty set on the 0.5 carat size - my gf has *very* small fingers (and has quite a petite figure) and I think anything bigger than a 0.5 or 0.6 would look odd.

My price cap is around $3500-3700 (or maybe even 4000). Thanks in advance.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well, I'm not positive on a round, but a .39 carat legacy ring from Tiff's runs around $5,000-6,000 depending on quality. Since it's a much more ornate setting, I would bet you can get a 1/2 carat solitare within your budget. But I'm not sure if Tiffany's sells I color diamonds...someone else might know, but when we went to look the lowest they showed us was an F. But then again, we were looking at legacys so it's another whole ballpark. You might have to stretch your budget if you seriously want 1/2 carat, but I know their rounds start at around $1000 so you can certainly get a ring there within your budget.

Best thing to do is call your local Tiffanys and ask to speak to fine jewelry. The few times my boyfriend has called (when we were looking at legacys) they were very nice and were able to tell us ballpark prices over the phone.

Good luck!

poorbugga

Rough_Rock
Great, I didn''t know they''d give ballpark prices over the phone. I will try that out. Thanks!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/19/2007 9:34:54 PM
Author:poorbugga
First off, great site and forum, I''ve learned a lot in the several hours I''ve spent on here today.

I''ve browsed the forums here for a few hours and haven''t found the information I''m looking for; I am aware of the many, many threads on Tiffany & Co that already exist. I know the pros and cons of getting a ring there (my girlfriend loves the store btw), and provided I can afford it, it is my first choice.

I am looking to buy a classic 6-prong solitaire engagement ring (brilliant round cut, .5 carat, I color, VS2 clarity) Does anyone know approximately how much this would cost at T&Co? I am pretty set on the 0.5 carat size - my gf has *very* small fingers (and has quite a petite figure) and I think anything bigger than a 0.5 or 0.6 would look odd.

My price cap is around $3500-3700 (or maybe even 4000). Thanks in advance.
If you live near a Tiff''s call ahead and tell them your parameters. So when you go, they can bring in rings that meet your budget. And yes, they sell I colored stones. Good luck!!!

tanalasta

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Tiffany & Co are more than happy to quote you the prices of any similar items they have in stock. So yes, give them a call!

You will save some money and be under your budget if you choose not to go with an original T&Co but everybody has their own preferences.

Good luck!

poorbugga

Rough_Rock
I just got off the phone and got the following prices:

.48 H VS2, $3470
.49 G VS2, $3900
.50 H VS2, $4140

Sounds like I can definitely make it work within my budget. I will go with a little less than .5 carat because of the difference in price; I think any perceived size differences would be negligible. Would G or H color still appear near colorless/white against a platinum or white gold ring? I also don''t see any reason to go higher than VS2 clarity...any input here would be appreciated.

I''m going to the store later this afternoon to discuss in person. Thanks again for the help!
36.gif

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, G and H will be plenty white.

jfan

Rough_Rock
Don''t forget to post pics of that beauty when you buy it! Good luck!

Unearthed

Shiny_Rock
Don''t assume the extra money is only for the .01 or .02ct. It is very possible those diamonds look completely different from each other.

tanalasta

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I don''t think Tiffany will provide things like IS / ASET images but they may be willing tho fax you a copy of the certificates or proportion sets to help you decide.

It would be ideal to see the rings in person. Due to spread factors, any of those diamonds could be the same size of minutely bigger (e.g. a 0.48 with good spread will appear wider table up than a 0.50 with poor spread) but the differences are generaly minimal.

The G/VS would be my pick. But I haven''t seen the diamonds and it is important that if you could - then you should.

poorbugga

Rough_Rock
Just got back from going to the store. I will make the final decision on Friday or Saturday - between the .48 H or the .49 G. I''ll have to see if the difference between the two justifies the $430 change in price, heh. One thing I am excited about - I can get it shipped to my home state in OR and avoid NY sales tax (save about $200-300 in taxes). Definitely a good thing.

I''ll let you know how it turns out and I''ll definitely post pics when I can.

Thanks again, everyone has been very informative and helpful. I''m glad I found this place!

Jewels

Shiny_Rock
Just want to mention this option.

Signedpieces has a 0.48 E VS2 for $2,850.

http://www.signedpieces.com/home.cfm

I bought my Tiffany 1.35c from them and saved about 44%. Can''t say enough good things about SP and their good service.

They also have a great return policy.

tanalasta

Shiny_Rock
Premium
http://www.signedpieces.com/item.cfm?item_id=5515

As Jewels has suggested - this is a good price.

Of course, it may not be spanking 'new' from a T&Co store that you purchased yourself. But if money is of concern and if the ring on signed pieces is still 'as new' quality ... then it's worth considering.

Just make sure your intended is alright with a T&Co bought from signed pieces and not the original store. You may need to verify the authenticity of the ring and certificate but by reputation on PS alone, signed pieces seems to be alright store.

poorbugga

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the suggestions; I think I am most comfortable buying from the original store though - especially for my first experience in buying diamonds.

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
I am almost positive that you can buy a ring from a private party (or store like signed pieces) and then utilize the Tiffany trade up policy. This might be a way to save some $, or buy a bigger stone for your original budget!

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
Good Luck on the trade up policy...you have to spend at leat twice the original amount spent, meaning it will have to be $10,000 or more DIFFERENCE, plus it can only be on another engagement ring, so no earrings or pendants...

I just saw a .66ct E VS1 Lucida on Craig''s List in NYC for $5000. A HUGE difference in the price you pay at the counter for such a ring. If the store name and quality is big, but you don''t care as much about the "experience", I do suggest a Signed Pieces type purchase, or something previously owned to save you money or get more for your buck.

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results