shape
carat
color
clarity

Tiffany classic setting - several questions

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jome

Rough_Rock
I've decided to buy an e-ring from Tiffany. I'm willing to pay more for the brand name simply because my girlfriend has mentioned it not only once...Anyway, due to my tight budget, the probably biggest diamond I can get is 0.6+/I/VS2 (have phoned Tiffany).

Here are two things that need everyone's advice:

Should I ask for a 0.5+/G/VS2 instead (if they have)? How's the difference in color for those small stones? Appearance as a whole set? I'll visit the store couple weeks later after they get the ring, but I'm not sure with my dull eyes if I can tell the difference...

I live outside the state where the store is. Can I save the tax by asking them to ship the ring to me? Do they ship e-rings? What'll be different if it's shipped instead of buying it at the store?

Thanks!

Daniela

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations on your upcoming engagement! I can't be sure about your question about taxes, but what I've heard is that if there is no Tiffany's close to you, then you can possibly save on taxes, but if there is a location in your town, then it doesn't work. But you should definitely verify this.

As for the diamond size, I would say hands down get the bigger one. That's what I would want, if it were me. You won't be likely to see the colour difference in that size of a stone.

jome

Rough_Rock
Thanks, Daniela. I'm also expecting (and hoping) that the color differeces appear more on big stones.

I found some information which might answer my own taxes' question...

"Sales tax -- Local taxes, if applicable, will be added to your order. Tiffany & Co. collects sales tax for all states and the District of Columbia, except for Delaware, Montana, New Hampshire and Oregon."
(quoted from Tiffany & Co. website)

If this applies to all shipping items, I'm not saving any bucks. Too bad...

Blueman33

Shiny_Rock
I would go with bigger stone in I color.

But you choose. Take a G and an I and compare them, face to face.

FACE to FACE. When you look at the bottom you may can see a difference if you are an eagle or hawk. Face to face? I doubt it.

Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results