shape
carat
color
clarity

Tiffany Certifications Question

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sriggs

Rough_Rock
Recently I'm been serching for an engagement diamond ring with a stone which ranges from .5 to .75 caret weight. I went to Tiffany and the representative told me that any diamond they sell below 1 caret has the Tiffany certification and any stone above 1 caret has a GIA certification. I went to a few other stores and they have GIA for all the stones whether it's GIA or another. My question(s) are:
1. Is it better to have a Tiffany certification rather than a GIA? Or does this open up for favortism since they're given they're own certification in house?
2. Should I go elsewhere to get a diamond that is GIA certified...would it be better? I was reading somewhere there the GIA certification is strict?
:twirl:

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
You will find Tiffany's own documentation very strict and accurate. However, you will find very similar diamonds without Tiffany's blue box and great service for much less money in many other places. These stones will include GIA or AGS grading reports.

It is up to you and what you are trying to do... I would not be afraid Tiffany would misrepresent a diamond...

:rolleyes:

sriggs

Rough_Rock
Then worst case if my girlfriend went to sell the stone in question say...years from now. Would that stone "Tiffany" have better value for an equal stone?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results