shape
carat
color
clarity

Tiffany Cert Question

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

JHyde

Rough_Rock
Is it true that tiffany diamonds over one carat do not come with a Tiffany cert but instad a GIA one? Do they come with both? Does this mean that if I buy a Tiffany diamond ring 2nd hand and it is over one carat, there will be no Tiffany cert at all, just a GIA cert at minimum????
Thanks in advance for info!
loopy.gif

DiamondOptics

Shiny_Rock
To my knowledge tiffany's incorperate their own graders
to conduct a lab report.

I am not certain, wether or not, they actually come
with an actual GIA report, but it would not surprise me either.

Kirk Konst

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
Yes, I think you're right... Tiffany's stones under one carat are certified by themselves, unless they are Ds or IFs. Above one carat they do come with a GIA cert. If I'm wrong, please correct me.

Giangi

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
hi,
to my knowledge, all tiffany diamonds regardless of carat size, come with a tiffany certificate. Diamonds greater than one carat come with the GIA certificate in addition to the tiffany certificate.
Also, each diamond has it's own registration number which should match the tiffany certificate, regardless of size.
For example, if you purchase a three stone ring, with a 1.25 center and .25 sides,
each stone would have the tiff cert. and the center stone would also have the GIA cert.
In addition to this, the newer engagement rings they sell also either have the carat weight and/or the diamond registration number inscribed within the band.
I know this because I actually went there to price diamonds (before I found Whiteflash of course).
Lastly, if you are not sure that what you are purchasing is an authentic T&co. ring, you can also request the seller to have it sent to Tiffany for formal verification and request a new letter of Valuation with current appraised value. The seller can have it arranged so the ring will be sent directly to you from Tiffany's.
As I understand it, you are concerned about an ebay purchase you won. If you are really unsure, then either do as I stated above and have the seller send it to Tiffany's, agree to meet with the seller at Tiffany's or a reputable appraiser to have it appraised before you exchange money, or tell the seller you have changed your mind. The worst thing that can happen is that you get negative feedback. No one can force you to buy anything.
I personally would prefer to purchase from a company that has a reasonable return policy, a buy back policy, and a lifetime exchange policy for full purchase price.
This way, if something doesn't check out, you can always return it. And if further down the road you decide you want a different diamond, you can always exchange it. You can't do that with an Ebay purchase.
Anyway, sorry to ramble,
Good luck with your purchase!
13.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results