shape
carat
color
clarity

Tiffany bead set double shank ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

twein28

Rough_Rock
I love this ring and found it in ONE Tiffany''s only. Here are some pictures. How do I describe this to a jeweler to make up? It''s not exactly split shank. It only splits right by the center stone. What kind of wedding band can be worn with this? Does it have to be a bead set? Any advice? Also, I am not sure I want to cover teh stone as much as this does, so I will have to see if that''s possible.

tiffany phily front.jpg

twein28

Rough_Rock
Side view...

tiffany phily side.jpg

twein28

Rough_Rock
BACK of RING

tiffany side.JPG

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
That setting is very close the Whiteflash''s DIVISI

If you don''t like WF''s exactly as it is maybe they could customize it for you.

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
Neat - I have never seen that setting before. Daniel K also has a ring with tiny splits - it is called the Split Crown.

375x375.aspx

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
The divisi is what sprang to my mind, too. I love that setting!

They could easily customize it to replicate the knife-edge style of pave, and make it only 1/4 or 1/2 eternity like the Tiffany ring. I think that''s a great option.

As for you you''d describe it to a jeweler... I would go in armed with pictures, and describe exactly what you like and what you aren''t attached to. Say you love the small amount of split shank right by the head (or that you want less/more split), but want full eternity instead of half (or that you don''t), that it being knife-edge is not an important design element (or that it is), that you want your prongs more pointed (or that you like them in the picture), that you want your sidestones channel-set instead of bead-set (or micropave, or shared-prong, or whatever)... etc. etc. I don''t know what you mean by "cover the stone" ?? Do you mean the wide prongs?

Pictures are your strongest descriptive tool. They should be able to talk with you until you understand each other.

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Ditto musey on the pictures, just be prepared to change some small details, as they can''t exactly replicate without violating the copyright laws, I believe.

angeline

Ideal_Rock
Here's another pic of that setting. I've never found any others, where did you find yours?

I agree, it is a gorgeous setting. In this pic the flat prongs don't look so bulky, and look a lot better than in the other pics.

Tiffanyflatprong2copy.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results