shape
carat
color
clarity

Tiffany Art Deco Hallmark

twosanguinehearts

Brilliant_Rock
Happy Sunday! I’m looking at a ring that’s being sold as Tiffany from the Art Deco period. Attaching two photos of the hallmarks, which look different to me than any others I’ve seen. I know hallmarks on antique Tiffany pieces are all over the map - I’ve seen the Lang University references, etc. - but I haven’t seen one like this. The ring does seem old from what I can tell, and perhaps the hallmark was stretched at some point along the way during resizing, etc?? Would love everyone’s thoughts!

IMG_7677.jpeg
IMG_7676.jpeg

LilAlex

Ideal_Rock
Premium
No way to know, imo. The hallmark looks a lot newer that the "750," which has authentic-looking wear to it. And the Tiffany part is a different font and inconsistent spacing and letter height. Posing it on a brand-new Tiffany (-colored) felt pouch is also a classic "reseller" move.

Buy it if you love it but assume that it is not Tiffany.

The one vintage/estate one-off we have with an engraved Tiffany maker's mark (hollow shank; too delicate to stamp) was represented as "no way to authenticate" and not as "Tiffany for sure!"

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is a tough one. The design of the ring is very pretty. Some of the rose cuts don’t seem well matched. Is it possible to see the underside of the ring to see the construction?

twosanguinehearts

Brilliant_Rock
This is what they have. I know that box isn’t the original, just a photo prop. There’s a return window, just not sure what I want to do!

IMG_7731.jpeg
IMG_7732.jpeg
IMG_7733.jpeg

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Have you tried doing a Google Image search to see what pops up?

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am not trying to be a jerk when I say this, but I don’t think anyone here can say with absolute certainty that this is genuine Tiffany. If the appeal of the piece is that it is a genuine Tiffany then you will probably have to pass on it. It only part of the appeal is the name and you otherwise love the ring for what it is, then buy it.

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I did! Other non-Tiffany rings pop up, but not this one exactly.

I just tried it and this one, and one more popped up. Clearly copies of something. Maybe of Tiffany?

lala646

Brilliant_Rock
I agree with @LilAlex. It feels like those stamps don't entirely match. One appears very aged, the other seemingly more "fresh". Could always be down to a trick of the angle of the photo, but I would be suspicious.

I recently shared an antique Tiffany ring of similar vintage on Somebody's Gotta Buy This Piece, and this was the mark. Clearly worn, as expected from a piece from that era.
1708964168192.png

Last thought. I feel like, for a Tiffany ring of this vintage, with such intricate metalwork, it would be made from Platinum, not 18k.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results