shape
carat
color
clarity

tiffany appraisal

diego454

Rough_Rock
Hi, i just bought a ring on ebay, i asked the seller how much she bought it and she told me 3000$, she also told me she has the invoice. I got the ring and what she call an invoice is a letter (from tiffany) saying that for insurance purpose the remplacement value would be 3000$. I know that lot of local store over estimate the appraisal value compared to the price they really sold the ring. I would like to know if the letter from tiffany really refer to retail price she bought the ring ?

Thanks for your help

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If the letter is authentic, it does reflect the amount she paid for her ring, sans tax. It has in my experience.

Krod

Rough_Rock
Each tiffany ring will come with a form which will talk to the retail price of the ring and mention that it is for insurance purposes. There should also be a diamond certificate as well which will explain the grades of the diamond itself and the numbers should match to those found on the ring.

MollyMalone

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tiffany issues a couple of different types of letter/memo reports. The one given to the original purchaser will bear 2 dates: the date of purchase & the date of the sale & these 2 dates are quite close together in time. The dollar figure on these reports reflects the purchase price (may be rounded off) of the described item.

For customers who later want to update their insurance coverage, Tiffany provides replacement valuation reports that state the current retail price of a matching "or most nearly equivalent" item in their inventory.

Hope this helps you figure out which kind of report you received.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results