shape
carat
color
clarity

Tiffany 7 stone ring

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, I missed out on Sparklypoodle's ring in the same style by about 18 months! So I decided to do something about it.

I've wanted a bar set anniversary band for many years to wear with my solitaire and knew that Tiffany used to sell them (I thought they still did, in fact, but I missed out there, too!)

So after I took a long look at Sparklypoodle's ring in the same style, and realized it was long gone, I searched ebay and found this one which, even more conveniently, was in my size! I exchanged a number of emails with the seller and asked a number of questions then sent off an offer. It was accepted, and apparently it's now on the truck for delivery, ready to be wrapped by my DH and given to me for Valentine's Day! So excited! These are the pretty uninspiring photos from ebay, but i'll take a couple more tomorrow when I have it in hand.

It's been a long wait for this ring, but hopefully it will be worth it!

tiff_ring_2_z.jpg

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
One more.

ETA Oh gees, forgot to add the specs! The stones are G VS1 and .98 ct in total, meaning 14 pts per stone. 18kt gold, size 6.5.

tiff_ring_3_x.jpg

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I should also add - I have a couple of pieces from Tiffany, but not a lot as I find their prices unnecessarily inflated. But their settings are fabulous, and bar settings are a style I've seen done badly many times. if the bars are too thick, or too long, the whole look is lumpy and very metallic. Tiffany's version of this setting is always lovely and delicate, and since i got such a great price I decided it was a good deal.

Lucky me!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nice find and lovely rich yellow gold!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How wonderful! I saw that you had inquired about SparklyPoodle's and found that it was sold. I was sad for you but this is a great turn of events! Can't wait to see it when you receive it!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love finding Tiffany second hand! That is going to be beautiful with your e-ring! :love: MGR and I both have Tiffany wedding bands, too!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Omygosh, this is gorgeous!!! :love: What a fabulous find, congrats!! Can't wait to see hand shots!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks ladies. :)

Despite having a yellow gold wedding band and e-ring, I've concentrated on platinum pretty much ever since. I love the cool of platinum and the way it's so understated.

But the truth is that I prefer yellow gold and am now beefing up my yellow gold collection. I have a new pair of bezel set studs (2cttw) coming from BGD and am thinking of some kind of necklace to match the whole lot. We'll see where that leads!

And i'm about to go and hunt down the wedding rings of MissGotRocks and Diamondseeker! Are they included in the 'show us your Tiffany' thread that was around a week or two ago?

Wishing you all a very happy Valentine's Day!

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium

photo38.jpg

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
motownmama - That's lovely!

Yours is one of the ones that's nicely made, without too much metal. it looks beautiful with your e-ring! do you mind if i ask you the specs? It's an elegant combo, don't you think?

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
And it's here! Some photos I took today.

img_3702.jpg

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Another one.

img_3703.jpg

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
And last one!

img_3704.jpg

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looks very pretty - did you do any pictures with your ering?

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
MissGotRocks|1392640593|3616877 said:
Looks very pretty - did you do any pictures with your ering?

Good morning, MissGotRocks!

No, not yet. These were done on the fly in a few spare moments. My husband hasn't technically given it to me yet. I thought this was for Valentine's Day - then he pointed out that my VD gift was the lovely charm bracelet i've been wearing for the last 2 months that he bought early when I saw it and 'couldn't live without it'...back in November! He's right, too, so it pretty much left me without a leg to stand on!

So now he's playing hard ball. I'm pretty sure he'll let me take some shots later on today, though. At the moment we're playing the "you can take photos of it, but you can't put it all the way on your finger yet!" game. (ie you cant actually wear it)

All of marriage is a negotiation! :))

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OK. This thread is now going pic heavy! :))

img_3705.jpg

img_3706.jpg

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
2 more....

img_3707.jpg

img_3708.jpg

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
And again!

img_3709.jpg

img_3710.jpg

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
And last one - possibly my favorite.

img_3711.jpg

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They look beautiful paired together! Hope I didn't get you in trouble with the pictures and hope he gives it to you soon!

Tell me about your engagement ring - is it a Tiffany ring too? It looks like it is with the head and knife edge. Looks like the perfect size to pair with the band - you've done a great job!! When it's yours, feel free to snap away with more pictures - lol!! Would love to see them on your hand but don't tempt fate doing it now!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
MissGotRocks|1392665881|3617128 said:
They look beautiful paired together! Hope I didn't get you in trouble with the pictures and hope he gives it to you soon!

Tell me about your engagement ring - is it a Tiffany ring too? It looks like it is with the head and knife edge. Looks like the perfect size to pair with the band - you've done a great job!! When it's yours, feel free to snap away with more pictures - lol!! Would love to see them on your hand but don't tempt fate doing it now!

MGR, it's a BGD tapered Tiffany-style setting. Most comfortable setting I think I've ever owned.

This is it:

http://www.briangavindiamonds.com/engagement-rings/solitaire/tapered-tiffany-style-half-round-18k-yellow-gold-5540y18

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is a beautiful setting - looks very similar to Tiffany's! Should look very nice with your new band on the hand!

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
When do you get to wear the new ring ?

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love your whole set mrs blop! The solitaire setting is so pretty!! Hand shots please?? And when you get you BGD set in yellow bezel please post to a of pics. I've been considering a yellow gold bezel for my studs, if I ever get them. Too many projects!!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
motownmama - no sign of it coming over the horizon as yet! he's making rumblings about my birthday - but that's not for months yet!

and LLJsmom, truthfully, the world can do without photos of my 50 year old sausage-y fingers! but I'll definitely post photos of the earrings when they arrive.

CRYSTAL24K

Brilliant_Rock
Mrs-Blop- I would love it if you post a couple profile pics of your e-ring!

Do you wear a spacer between your Tiffany 7 Stone and your BGD Tapered Tiffany? Your rings are absolutely beautiful :love:

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Great find Mrs-Blop! I love your new ring and it is going to be stunning with your magnificent Brian Gavin solitaire. Hope you can talk your hubby into letting you wear it soon. Having been married forever I can totally relate to these negotiations LOL!!!

apacherose

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, that's a knockout. I :love: love your set. Beautiful photos... calling for handshots, please. Great choice- congratulations and wear it in good health!!!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Crystal24K, Sundial and Apacherose - thank you for your kind comments...which I only just saw! Sorry for being slow to respond. :)

Please forgive me, Apacherose, if I don't do hand shots. I'm not hugely fond of my hands, so tend not to post photos of them.

Crystal24K - I would gladly post some profile photos...except I am currently in negotiations for an upgrade - so watch this space!

And speaking of space(rs), no, I dont wear one and never have. I dont like the effect and in all my decades of wearing jewelry have never had a problem with things rubbing to a level where the integrity of any piece was actually threatened. And the BGD tapered Tiffany has a very small donut so, although my wedding ring doesn't sit flush, it sits jolly close to flush!

If all goes well and the new stone eventuates, I will post photos of its profile, as I intend to set once again in the BGD tapered solitaire (yes, I loved it THAT much!) The stone I'm currently trying to snag is well known to this forum, I think... :naughty:

And - yes - I do now (finally!!) have the Tiffany seven stone ring. I absolutely love it! It's a classic. :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results