shape
carat
color
clarity

Tiffany 10mm or Blue Nile 8mm silver beads?

Tartansparkles

Brilliant_Rock
So I got some good work news today and I thought, what the heck, I'd really like a silver beaded bracelet (I'm working towards a capsule collection). I love the look of the Tiffany hard ware 10mm beaded bracelet but would have a hard time swallowing the Tiffany price (£335). A local jeweler has an 8mm beaded bracelet for £100 and Blue Nile has an 18inch necklace for £180 (ish). (The Blue Nile bracelet is sold out so I'd buy the necklace and have my jeweler create 3 new bracelets with one for my mum and one for DD). (I could also ask my jeweler to source a bracelet for me but he is very slow to work with).

I have small wrists and bracelets need to be shortened to 6.5inches to make them fit. I work at a keyboard in a male dominated environment and would be uncomfortable/self conscious with jewelry that 'banged' against the keyboard.

For those with the Tiffany - is it comfortable to wear? Is the 'banging' against keyboards and desks an issue - do you think there would be any difference with a smaller 8mm bead? And...what do we think about buying Preloved from eBay? There are a number of hardware bracelets on eBay just now but I'm not sure what to look for in terms of authenticity. Or should I throw caution to the wind and just buy direct from Tiffany to celebrate my good news? (Even though the thought of such recklessness is causing palpations :) )

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results