shape
carat
color
clarity

Tianyu vs. Starsgem for ACC eternity band?

MsP

Brilliant_Rock
Hi there! I am looking to purchase a large eternity band (5mm antique cushion cuts) and asked for quotes from the two big vendors discussed here. One of the quotes is like half of the other. Can anyone share any insights into comparison of the interpretation of the ACC cut from the two vendors, and the typical quality/weight of the settings?

Thanks! (also pics are always appreciated!)

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Am interested in following your responses to this thread...wish I had something to add, anything with an antique cushion sounds beautiful though!

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Following.....from what I've read here starsgem will likely be less expensive and their accs are highly regarded. Not sure about the differences in setting quality between the companies, though there are some posts about starsgem being thinner and that may be part of the reason for lower cost.

swaye2010

Brilliant_Rock
UOTE="MsP, post: 4593796, member: 10339"]Hi there! I am looking to purchase a large eternity band (5mm antique cushion cuts) and asked for quotes from the two big vendors discussed here. One of the quotes is like half of the other. Can anyone share any insights into comparison of the interpretation of the ACC cut from the two vendors, and the typical quality/weight of the settings?

Thanks! (also pics are always appreciated!)[/QUOTE]
Starsgem is likely to have the cheaper price as Tianyu’s have gone up quite a bit. I had some earrings made with the baby ACC’s from SG (4.5mm) and mrsgreeneyes had a 5 stone with the Tianyu ones (4.5mm). I don’t know if there has been anyone else that made a full eternity yet though. My stones were much the same as Tianyu’s for the square version. The elongated version though is much nicer by SG. The quality is also the same. It really comes down to gold weight. Anything that is too thin will feel of less quality. Some of the vendors automatically give prices with low gold weight but they can always be bumped up in the CAD review. On a full eternity though, the cut is most important as you aren’t really going to have much gold to look at except from the inside and from the other eternities I have from both of them, they seem to use the standard amount of gold that I have from other NA vendors.

CD40DB95-0111-4265-9810-19EDDB0D34BB.jpeg
This is mrsgreeneyes off the Tianyu thread but the ring was done by David Klass.
6050BE10-19CD-446F-9F26-0C03C80EF0D9.jpeg A9917A83-6E3C-40C4-BE14-527C0BF0579A.jpeg

MsP

Brilliant_Rock
That's kind of what I'm thinking swaye; the setting isn't really the spotlight in a full eternity and lightweight isn't such a bad thing, as long as it's structurally sound. Starsgem quoted like $600 and Tianyu was just under $1200. That's a big difference! Same specs given to both.

swaye2010

Brilliant_Rock
That's kind of what I'm thinking swaye; the setting isn't really the spotlight in a full eternity and lightweight isn't such a bad thing, as long as it's structurally sound. Starsgem quoted like $600 and Tianyu was just under $1200. That's a big difference! Same specs given to both.
I have had multiple rings from both. I actually like the way that Starsgem constructs their rings better. Tianyu seems a little limited in their CAD capabilities sometimes but they do cut some nice rounds. For that price difference, I would just go with SG. I think when moissanite rings start drifting over $1000, it is better to look for preloved diamonds personally. I know finding those in the antique cushions are not easy but I find $600 still an acceptable price for a moissanite eternity with those size stones.

MsP

Brilliant_Rock
As an update, I went with Starsgem though the price ended up being about the same as Tianyu once we tweaked to my preferences. If I'm lucky, I should have it by end of this week.

Diamondnewb12

Rough_Rock
Can I ask how high your band sits off your finger? I’m having a band made as well with 5mm round and I want it as low profile as possible but I don’t think they’re understanding that concept. I want to be able to just give them a measurement but I don’t not how low it can actually be set the that size of stone.
Thanks for any help!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results