shape
carat
color
clarity

Tianyu OEC lab diamonds

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Does anyone have an OEC lab diamond from Tianyu? Just spoke with Ella there and she said they’re making OEC lab diamonds.

If anyone has one fromTianyu I’d love to hear your thoughts. Thanks.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium

RockFox

Shiny_Rock
@missy I've spoken to her too and got the pricing (not bad imo), and I'm patiently waiting until someone buys one first before taking the plunge. The returns process would just be too painful from the UK.

That said, I've been doing a lot of research as good OECs are hard to find in the UK. I know from a few conversations that some of the suppliers/cutters in India are starting to cut them and have them certified via IGI - but so far haven't seen one that I thought was worth it. Another supplier (based in Canada) told me cutting OECs from the lab rough is very challenging due to the natural shape it comes in. It can be done very well as evidenced by other vendors, but from them, it would be a custom order.

Thanks for starting the thread - maybe we'll both have a happy surprise.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy I've spoken to her too and got the pricing (not bad imo), and I'm patiently waiting until someone buys one first before taking the plunge. The returns process would just be too painful from the UK.

That said, I've been doing a lot of research as good OECs are hard to find in the UK. I know from a few conversations that some of the suppliers/cutters in India are starting to cut them and have them certified via IGI - but so far haven't seen one that I thought was worth it. Another supplier (based in Canada) told me cutting OECs from the lab rough is very challenging due to the natural shape it comes in. It can be done very well as evidenced by other vendors, but from them, it would be a custom order.

Thanks for starting the thread - maybe we'll both have a happy surprise.

Thanks for replying! My dh just said he doesn’t want me to order from China because if I don’t like it I won’t be able to get my money back. It’s tempting because the quote is less than half other quotes I’ve received.

Their website has OEC lab diamonds in action but I’m cycling now so will check it out later. In case you missed it. @MamaBee told me about them.

Tygems.en.alibaba.com

Good luck and let’s keep each other posted. ❤️

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for starting this thread @missy

I’m interested too so keeping my fingers crossed

molecule

Brilliant_Rock
Could someone link where these would be ordered? I glanced through the lab grown section and only saw mrbs for rounds.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks @missy!

Enjoy your bike ride.

DK :))

Thanks DK! I’m doing all the things I love simultaneously ❤Cycling. Seeing wildlife. Talking diamonds. And soon enjoying ice cream. Lol

123ducklings

Brilliant_Rock

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’ve only been able to find their moissanite OECs listed with videos, but I’m very interested too!

I didn't check out the link as we were cycling but @MamaBee sent it to me and I shared it here. Ella told me they are cutting OEC lab diamonds and she gave me a quote for what it would cost. Seems they are cutting lab OECs but not sure of the faceting and quality.

123ducklings

Brilliant_Rock
I didn't check out the link as we were cycling but @MamaBee sent it to me and I shared it here. Ella told me they are cutting OEC lab diamonds and she gave me a quote for what it would cost. Seems they are cutting lab OECs but not sure of the faceting and quality.

Hopefully we’ll get to see some videos soon, or maybe a bold PSer will take the plunge and report back!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Go to the link and do a search in the bar for OEC lab diamond. They even specify the size culet.

123ducklings

Brilliant_Rock
Go to the link and do a search in the bar for OEC lab diamond. They even specify the size culet.

I did that earlier but all the results I got were actually moissanite when I read the full description. Sorry to be a pain! I really appreciate your comments and the heads up from @missy

Edit to add pictures of what I’m finding.

Attachments

• 72514850-FA0F-4316-ADCB-8C933EF63272.jpeg
    72514850-FA0F-4316-ADCB-8C933EF63272.jpeg
    116.6 KB · Views: 49
  • 14D11BF2-76B5-4C0C-81A1-B9D56B833DB5.jpeg
    14D11BF2-76B5-4C0C-81A1-B9D56B833DB5.jpeg
    121.1 KB · Views: 33

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I did that earlier but all the results I got were actually moissanite when I read the full description. Sorry to be a pain! I really appreciate your comments and the heads up from @missy

Edit to add pictures of what I’m finding.

Okay Hold on I’ll look...You’re not a pain..Their website is confusing.

Last edited:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Last edited:

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’ve only been able to find their moissanite OECs listed with videos, but I’m very interested too!

Good to know I was not alone in not being able to find lab/MMD OEC videos.

However, I did not bring it up as I thought I was being a numpty, DOH!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks @MamaBee for checking in advance.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Good to know I was not alone in not being able to find lab/MMD OEC videos.

However, I did not bring it up as I thought I was being a numpty, DOH!

Hahaha! I’m making dinner but will get on it after it’s done! It’s now making me crazy!

123ducklings

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you so much for checking for us! It is a confusing site.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@123ducklings @dk168 I looked everywhere...I see mrb but no OEC videos from Tianyu. They describe their videos by saying lab diamond OEC. When you look for more information it says moissanite. I’m sorry for getting your hopes up.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@123ducklings @dk168 I looked everywhere...I see mrb but no OEC videos from Tianyu. They describe their videos by saying lab diamond OEC. When you look for more information it says moissanite. I’m sorry for getting your hopes up.

Joanne please don’t apologize. Ella said they do offer lab Diamond OECs. I’m not sure why they don’t have videos however. If anyone is interested they can message Ella and ask her. I would but I feel as if I’ve asked her so many questions already and since I now decided against going with them I wouldn’t feel right about asking her for anything else.

Here’s a link if anyone is interested and wants to ask her.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy I might have missed your post about not going with them, would you mind pointing me in the right direction where to find it please?

@MamaBee no worries, as I am not ready to purchase a lab OEC about 1ct until next year.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy I might have missed your post about not going with them, would you mind pointing me in the right direction where to find it please?

Is this what you mean?

My dh just said he doesn’t want me to order from China because if I don’t like it I won’t be able to get my money back. It’s tempting because the quote is less than half other quotes I’ve received.

Greg prefers we pay more to ensure I get something I will love. So something that has a proven track record so to speak. He’s concerned if I order Lab OEC diamonds from Tianyu and I don’t like it I’ll have issues returning it since it’s in China.

I’m sorry. I’d love to be able to be a pioneer and help others but it’s too much money to risk it. I have decided to go another way. But I’ll definitely follow this thread and add info to this thread if I come across anything worth sharing.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is this what you mean?

Greg prefers we pay more to ensure I get something I will love. So something that has a proven track record so to speak. He’s concerned if I order Lab OEC diamonds from Tianyu and I don’t like it I’ll have issues returning it since it’s in China.

I’m sorry. I’d love to be able to be a pioneer and help others but it’s too much money to risk it. I have decided to go another way. But I’ll definitely follow this thread and add info to this thread if I come across anything worth sharing.

Got you, thanks for sharing.

I have asked the bench I use if they can get hold of labs, no response yet, however they are also in mainland China!

123ducklings

Brilliant_Rock
@MamaBee and @missy thank you both for all the info! I tend to be more risk averse, but I love following along. I know over on the fashion jewelry forum many people have had good experiences with this vendor for moissanite.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@MamaBee and @missy thank you both for all the info! I tend to be more risk averse, but I love following along. I know over on the fashion jewelry forum many people have had good experiences with this vendor for moissanite.

I purchased many things from them...all perfect...I can’t speak for lab diamonds but the unmentionables I got were very nice.

Myshinybestlife

Shiny_Rock
I have bought lab diamond from .5 to 1.5 ct in fancy vivid yellow and have been impressed every time.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results