shape
carat
color
clarity

Thumbelina...Pinky...Tinkerbelle....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Steel

Ideal_Rock
Help me find a name...

rumplestilskin3.jpg

BlueJeans

Shiny_Rock
Oh too cute! Whats the story behind her? Did I miss somthing?

Steel

Ideal_Rock

I am currently called ''little dog'' - which I find both patronising and infantile.

rumplestilskin1.jpg

Angel7

Brilliant_Rock
When''s her bday? Name her after her birthstone.
Might not work in ALL cases but you can get away with more when it comes to dogs as oppossed to people!
My name would be Ruby...see not all bad!
2.gif

She''s a cutie!

Steel

Ideal_Rock
I am currently a ''stay-at-home'' dog, a ''house-dog'' if you like, but I imagine that at some point in the future I will return to the workplace and become a corporate dog.

As a result I am looking for a name that is true to my breed (by which I mean, I need a cute name) but, something that I can hold my snout up high with, in the corporate world.

Please help...

rumplestilskin2.jpg

dani13

Ideal_Rock
LOL, You are too funny Steel!!!!
3.gif

Steel

Ideal_Rock
I have a sad little story which I keep to myself.

What I have made public is this....

I am about 6/8 years old. I was abandonned. The people at the shelter think I was used for mass breeding. I do not have any front teeth so please do not ask me to smile in photos. I am a happy playful soul and my new minders do not know why I was abandonned. I have lived in my new 'forever home' for a day and a half. I have a new adopted doggie sister who I love to play with (and hump
38.gif
) and an adopted brother Cat; Henry who is the Boss and an adopted sister Kitten - Mitten. I seem to like my new family and love to sit in the sun but I love cuddles more!

Help me find a name!

rumplestilskin4.jpg

dani13

Ideal_Rock
OMG....how sad...I hate hearing stories like that...What a great thing that you and your family rescued her...she is adorable. Hopefully she can live the rest of her life in a loving and safe home....Best of luck with her!!!!
1.gif

eta: How about Ginger??? She looks like one to me....
3.gif

Steel

Ideal_Rock

.....Steel gives little dog a petting and puts her to bed.....

Hi Blue Jeans, This is the new member of the steel family..not like I need any more at the moment but this shelter had a 1 week destroy policy. It is unlikely that she would have been put down immediately but her card was marked. Any idea for a name?

Hi Angel, Nope, no idea when she was born, or even how old she is. She is getting 'done' next week and will get a full physical then. Perhaps the vet can tell me how old she is. I just hope she doesnt have major medical problems.

Hi Dani, It is nice to have a larff...ETA: Thanks, I'm no saint but I do love animals. I would take them all in if I could. It is already a bit like a Zoo here! Hmm, Ginger is cute. I will add it to the list. Thank you!

Now name please folks...get 'em thinking caps on.....

Erin

Ideal_Rock
I dunno why. I see "Dina." (rhymes with China)

eta: maybe it's because she's standing on a floor that reminds me of a kitchen, which prompts me to sing "Someone's in the kitchen with Diiiiiiii-na"

BlueJeans

Shiny_Rock
Steel,

Bless your little heart!!!
36.gif
How people can be mean to something so precious, is beyond me.

How about Lola? Ummm I''ll keep thinking-
1.gif

-Blue

sera

Ideal_Rock
I''m out the door so can''t really think of any names right now... but just wanted to say I am SO glad she is now in a good home.

I usually try to avoid the sad animal stories (not because I don''t care but because it really upsets me). I had worked at a wildlife sanctuary that took in rescued exotics and their stories break my heart. Glad you could help the sweetie out.
1.gif

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
I second Lola, what a cutie!

Steel

Ideal_Rock
Thanks SP, Dina...I like it!

Blue Jeans, Like I said I am no angel. Lola is cute... Thank you!

Sera, I understand. It makes me so sad to think of alll the neglected animals...
38.gif
. I cannot read the reports or watch the tv when it is about neglected horses, starved or cats locked en masse in a trailer etc etc. You know the drill. Bless them all.

Angel7

Brilliant_Rock
I like Lola - nice one Blue Jeans!
Is she a Chihuahua? So sweet she got a home!
emdog.gif

Since she''s small how about:
Peaches
Peanut
Pixie
Bambi
Munchkin
Twinkie
Baby
Bubbles
Bonita

Steel

Ideal_Rock
With my other pets, their name suddenly fit, like it was their name all along and all I had to do was find it.

For reference my Cat is Henry aka Mr. T, My Kitten is Alice nick name Lissey, DH''s puppy is Tabitha nick name Tabby.

I loved Tippy (as is Tippy Hedren)- but is sounds so much like Tabby. I even suggested to DH that we re-name Tabby but he was having none of it.

So we looked at other names. I thought Thumbelina (aka belle) would be perfect. It is still in the ring but it doesnt seem like the ONE. Also Paula Abdul called her dog Thumbellina so it is hardly a new idea!

Pinky- Did you ever watch the cartoon Pinky & the Brain? "what shall we do today Brain?", well that is where I got pinky cause she looks like the lab mice in the cartoon with her bug eyes!

I liked Tinkerbelle untill i found out that the Hilton girl called her dog that...Sigh...

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
I vote Ginger or Peanut!
9.gif

BlueJeans

Shiny_Rock
I''ve thought about it, ran it past 3 people. They think Lola looks like a Lola-
9.gif

I must say it''s growing on me.

Does she respond to anything?

I must thank you again, the world needs more people like you.
36.gif
I had two shelter dogs and they truly understand that you rescued them and they are best family members!
2.gif

-Blue

Steel

Ideal_Rock
mercoledi, thanks I will certainly keep Lola in the hat!

Angel, thank you for the list! Woud you believe I considered Bambi - because of her colouring! That is a definate runner!

BlueJeans

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/4/2008 4:59:17 PM
Author: Angel7
I like Lola - nice one Blue Jeans!
Is she a Chihuahua? So sweet she got a home!
emdog.gif

Since she''s small how about:
Peaches
Peanut
Pixie
Bambi
Munchkin
Twinkie
Baby
Bubbles
Bonita
Oh Bonita is cute! You could just name her Belle. It doesn''t have to be tinkerbell.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
How about Phoebe.... If I ever get a dog she will be called Phoebe.

Steel

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/4/2008 5:07:32 PM
Author: BlueJeans
I''ve thought about it, ran it past 3 people. They think Lola looks like a Lola-
9.gif

I must say it''s growing on me.

Does she respond to anything?

I must thank you again, the world needs more people like you.
36.gif
I had two shelter dogs and they truly understand that you rescued them and they are best family members!
2.gif

-Blue

Ha ha! The only name that works so far has been ''little dog''!

Steel

Ideal_Rock
Yup, Angel. She is a little Chihuahua!

Sparkalicious, I like ginger too, but Peanut is not very executive! [She could not be the CEO of doggie.inc with a name like peanut!
31.gif
]Thank you for the suggestion. Keep ''em coming!

Blue Jeans, Thanks again. Lola is cute but ....is it the ONE?.....Yeah you are right..she could be just Belle. What do you feel about Thumbelina?

Hi Maisie, Have you packed your bags yet! July is just around the corner! Phoebe is cute but reminds me of Friends...

Ohhh. I always loved Mara''s doggie''s name: Portia. Lemmie try it... Cute... but is it the ONE!

Perhaps I should call her ONE?
20.gif
!

marvel

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/4/2008 4:40:34 PM
Author: Steel
I have a sad little story which I keep to myself.

What I have made public is this....

I am about 6/8 years old. I was abandonned. The people at the shelter think I was used for mass breeding. I do not have any front teeth so please do not ask me to smile in photos. I am a happy playful soul and my new minders do not know why I was abandonned. I have lived in my new 'forever home' for a day and a half. I have a new adopted doggie sister who I love to play with (and hump
38.gif
) and an adopted brother Cat; Henry who is the Boss and an adopted sister Kitten - Mitten. I seem to like my new family and love to sit in the sun but I love cuddles more!

Help me find a name!
His name should be Romeo.

ETA: Oh, I guess Romeo won't work for a girl.

Steel

Ideal_Rock
Ok, It is almost 10.30 I really need to shift!

I have an interview tomorrow (another interview, I get all excited 'cause it it my dream job, but I never get the job....Fairy dust please!) anyways as I was saying Interview tomorrow am and I do not know where anything is. Why you ask. Well because DH and I moved for the 5th time since June 07 - yes that is 5 times in just over 7 months! So I need to find some clothes, practice what I will say, then forget what I want to remember just in time to spot that my (insert item of clothing) is inside out or has toothpaste on it. Sigh...and I never get the job..... You might gather I am feeling a little defeatest. And I have no idea where anything is....Agh!

So can you please do 3 things for me......

1. Fair dust for tomorrow's interview for my dream job.
2. Keep suggesting names for my new teeny doggie.
3. Offer suggestions for dog clothing companies. She is teensy and needs little jumpers etc. Who do you trust and do then ship to Europe?

Nighty night!

ETA: Please correct my spelling as you read. I am too tired to spell!

BlueJeans

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/4/2008 5:19:45 PM

Sparkalicious, I like ginger too, but Peanut is not very executive! [She could not be the CEO of doggie.inc with a name like peanut!
31.gif

Blue Jeans, Thanks again. Lola is cute but ....is it the ONE?.....Yeah you are right..she could be just Belle. What do you feel about Thumbelina?

Hi Maisie, Have you packed your bags yet! July is just around the corner! Phoebe is cute but reminds me of Friends...

Ohhh. I always loved Mara''s doggie''s name: Portia. Lemmie try it... Cute... but is it the ONE!

20.gif
!

Steel,

I just can''t bring myself to call a dog "thumb," maybe ''Lina? Phoebe is cute.
My vote is still for Lola.

-Blue

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
What about Duchess? She looks regal!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love thumbelina-that is such a cool name for a small dog!

marvel

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/4/2008 5:19:45 PM

31.gif

20.gif
!

Thumbelina is cute...and Lina is a cute nickname.

BlueJeans

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/4/2008 5:27:24 PM
Ok, It is almost 10.30 I really need to shift!

I have an interview tomorrow (another interview, I get all excited ''cause it it my dream job, but I never get the job....Fairy dust please!) anyways as I was saying Interview tomorrow am and I do not know where anything is. Why you ask. Well because DH and I moved for the 5th time since June 07 - yes that is 5 times in just over 7 months! So I need to find some clothes, practice what I will say, then forget what I want to remember just in time to spot that my (insert item of clothing) is inside out or has toothpaste on it. Sigh...and I never get the job..... You might gather I am feeling a little defeatest. And I have no idea where anything is....Agh!

So can you please do 3 things for me......

1. Fair dust for tomorrow''s interview for my dream job.
2. Keep suggesting names for my new teeny doggie.
3. Offer suggestions for dog clothing companies. She is teensy and needs little jumpers etc. Who do you trust and do then ship to Europe?

Nighty night!
1. DUST
1.gif
DUST
1.gif
DUST

2. Lola, she was a showgirl-

3. I use new york dog shop, I don''t know if they ship overseas though. Love that puppia mesh harness! Ebree has one too!

-Blue

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results