shape
carat
color
clarity

Three stone

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

md01

Rough_Rock
Hi, Wondered if I could get some general views for a three stone combination.

AGS - 3768006 (0.23c), 3767710 (0.25c), 4007106 (0.345c) at whiteflash.com

Ring size is ''i'' in UK sizes so very slender - Bigger stones will look too big.

Two questions:

1. How close in size do the two outer stones have to be?
2. What proportion should they be of centre stone - I am working on around 75% based on pre-set rings that I have seen.

Any help is much appreciated as fiance is now continually waving empty ring finger at me!

Thanks,

Mike
twirl.gif

anniediamond

Rough_Rock
Hi mdo1, I've been asking some of the same questions, as I am looking at 3-stone rings myself. Those responding to me have advised that the same color stones would be best, but you can go up or down by one color. As far as size, I don't know the official answer, but I envision the side stones just a bit smaller then the center. Hope that helps some. Everyone in here is so nice and helpful that I'm sure you'll be getting some expert advice.
--Annie

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
I think you will see a noticible difference in the sizes of the 2 you selected for side stones.

The .23 carat measures 3.96-3.99x2.42 and the .25 carat measures 4.10-4.14x2.52.

While a tenth of a millimeter "sounds" small on paper, when you physically see the diamonds side by side, you will notice the size difference. People viewing the ring may think it's an optical illusion, but it could make the ring look "lopsided".

I did some looking at White Flash and found a nice size matched set. Slightly larger carat weight. A .322, H, VS2, and a .328, H, VS2 with very similar diameters. The Cert numbers are 4007503 & 4007108. H is a great color in the ACA's. No worries at all about setting in white gold/platinum if that's what you had in mind. They cost slightly more per stone than the originals you picked. Also, you would have to reconsider the center stone as well. Ballpark, it would add around $500 or so to upsize all three diamonds a tad for better balance on the sides.

Or, you could just call White Flash, tell them what you've got in mind. Their inventory is constantly changing. They may have a mate for one of the sides you picked within days.

Just some thoughts for you to consider.
1.gif

djgaloot

Rough_Rock
See my post for "5 diamonds". It has a picture of different size stones of sizes similar to what you are considering.

md01

Rough_Rock
Thanks for your time folks - very useful to pick up tips from more knowledgable people.

Whiteflash - did you get my email from Monday??? Please reply...

Thanks,

Mike
[email protected]

barry

Shiny_Rock
Mike;

You can easily go E-G in color range without any problem.

Barry
www.superbcert.com

LesleyH

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Mike:

Thanks for the nudge
wavey.gif
- hope you got our e-mail. Thanks to all you fine folk out there, we have been extremely busy. Our policy is to get back to you the same day but occasionally we get swamped.

LesleyH
www.whiteflash.com

md01

Rough_Rock
oops they're getting bigger. But hey, diamonds can never be too big right?

I have found a much better diameter match for the outer stones (sorry about the formatting):

Item Code AGS-3767710 AGS-3768102 AGS-4007106
Shape A Cut Above H&A A Cut Above H&A A Cut Above H&A
Carat 0.250 0.260 0.345
Color G F G
Clarity VS1 VS2 VS2
Measurements 4.10-4.14 x 2.52 4.09-4.13 x 2.54 4.57-4.59x2.74
Table % 56 55 56
Depth % 61.2 61.8 59.8
Polish Ideal Ideal Ideal
Symmetry Ideal Ideal Ideal
Girdle Thin 0.7% to 1.2% Thin to Medium 1.0% to 1.7% Faceted 0.9% to 1.3% Faceted
Culet Pointed Pointed None
Fluorescence Negligible Negligible Negligible
Certificate AGS-3767710 AGS-3768102 AGS-4007106

I think these will do nicely - just waiting for the pictures to come through from lesley so I can check them out myself. Looking at other peoples' diamond pictures, I will have one happy fiance on my hands by next week!

Thanks again - the internet never ceases to amaze me with the wealth of information and help available!
1.gif

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
MD~

Those sound like winners! Guess in all the diameter numbers, I didn't see those 2 for sides. From your post, I was trying to keep you G, VS, but I also threw H in there for additional choices. Sooooo many diamonds to sift through. LOL

Congrats! I'm sure the pics will look only a fraction as great the actual diamonds will. Your gal is getting one sparkly ring 4 sure!
love.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results