shape
carat
color
clarity

Three stone semi mount with lab diamonds?

pontoon

Rough_Rock
Hi all,

I'm looking for a platinum setting with delicate tapered baguettes. Probably 0.2-0.4 tcw. I’m noticing that most settings use natural diamonds. My girlfriend only wants lab diamonds. What sources are out there for settings with lab diamonds? So far I’ve found the three stone baguette setting at:

- Brilliant Earth
- Ada

I may have found one or two more which were not the right look. I’m after something like this one:

Miss_LK

Rough_Rock
If you contact Jewelers, they usually can make the setting with lab stones if you like. You just gotta email them to see.

pontoon

Rough_Rock
Does anyone know approximately how much a custom setting as described above would cost?

Miss_LK

Rough_Rock
Does anyone know approximately how much a custom setting as described above would cost?

It's just gonna depends on who you use. A lot of women on pricescope like to use David Klass for custom pieces, as his work is good quality and fairly priced. You could Google him and email him. He would probably be willing to give you a quote over email if you let him know what you want. You're just probably gonna have to do a little homework and contact a few Jewelers to figure out the ballpark cost of what you're looking for.

Miss_LK

Rough_Rock
Here's something similar at JA. $1605 right now.

pontoon

Rough_Rock
Here's something similar at JA. $1605 right now.

I believe JA uses natural stones for the baguettes. My girlfriend prefers all lab grown.

Miss_LK

Rough_Rock
I believe JA uses natural stones for the baguettes. My girlfriend prefers all lab grown.

I'm sure they have access to lab stones as well. You'd just have to contact them and ask. I'm sure the price would be very similar.

Miss_LK

Rough_Rock

Looks like it comes in at under $900. Although I'm not positive they'll do the setting only, and you'll want to be a bit careful. Customer experiences vary from amazing, to very poor.

ETA: I think platinum actually puts it closer to $1200.

Miss_LK

Rough_Rock
Honestly, perhaps you should consider setting a budget for the setting. You're going to find prices all over the place.

Miss_LK

Rough_Rock
Also, brilliant earth will not sell you just the setting. You will only be able to purchase a setting from them if you are purchasing a stone from them.

pontoon

Rough_Rock
I'm sure they have access to lab stones as well. You'd just have to contact them and ask. I'm sure the price would be very similar.

I asked yesterday and they said they can't. I asked again today and someone in their custom department said they'd check if it's possible. We'll see!

Look into Stuller. Many jewelers use them and can help you select stones to set into them. It's a lot less expensive than going custom if that's a concern.

Thanks for this link! I really like this setting. I didn't think I liked double claws at first. Now after looking longer, I really like double claws. It looks like I can't buy this setting from Stuller directly. What's the best/cheapest way to buy it? I'll also need the stone checked for quality and set, so bonus points if that's also possible by the same place/person.

Last edited:

pontoon

Rough_Rock
Does anyone know of a setting like the above baguette settings which allows the band to sit flush to the ring? She seems to have a somewhat strong preference for a straight band that sits flush. She’d rather not do a bent band if possible.

It seems to me the majority of rings don’t allow the band to sit flush. Is that true? Is there a reason for this?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results