carat
color
clarity

three stone rings and wedding bands

slg47

Ideal_Rock
Hi everyone-I saw this picture on LM's website

damaged01.jpg

and was...concerned. Is this type of damage only caused by exposed diamonds against the shank, or would a plain platinum band worn with a ring cause this also? will all three-stone rings like this have to be replaced or repaired if worn with another band?

and, if a plain ring would cause this type of damage, can it be prevented with a small spacer that is not as tall as the other bands?

lewood

Shiny_Rock
Yikes! I am imagine a prong-set wedding band made that damage, not a plain platinum band, or even a channel set band; however, I can stand corrected!

mol42

Shiny_Rock
My e-ring was made by LM. At the time, he advised against an eternity band (shared prong) but was okay with a rounded plain platinum wb. Hope that helps!

slg47

Ideal_Rock
thanks mol. any other opinions?

vanderaf

Shiny_Rock
I have a 3 stone ring in platinum (for 8.5 years now) and I have absolutely no damage or even marks from my shared prong band. I am not sure if it has to do with the design of the ring but my ring is flush with my band.

atroop711

Ideal_Rock
that looks like my old plat. e-ring. My half eternity band left even more marks on it..really ate into the plat. I hated it and had my new set made in WG

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
My setting is really similar to that pic you posted. I have a channel set wedding band and I have worn it for over 7 years and no damage to my e-ring. Both the e-ring and wedding band is platinum. Hope that helps!

motherof3inct

Rough_Rock
My wedding band is set high and rubbed against my new engagement ring upgrade. Both rings are platinum. The ring is only 2 months old and I noticed very slight dents/scratches in the same spot as the LM pic. I wear my rings 24/7, even when working out with weights. A post on the PS forum warned me about potential damage to the e-ring. I purchased an inexpensive white gold 2 mm plain band to act as a spacer between my wedding band and e-ring (only $55 on amazon). It works perfectly and I actually love the look of the 3 rings together. Better safe than sorry

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wear my three stone ring - platinum head with 18 kt. gold shank - with an 18 kt. gold wedding band. The band is the Tiffany Bezet with small diamonds set in it - not touching the ering - and have had no damage whatsoever. I think the biggest culprit is diamonds in a wedding band and from pictures I've seen, they can really do some damage!

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
platinum against platinum is fine, it's the diamonds in a shared-prong eternity band that eat into the platinum. If you have a channel set or plain platinum band, no need to worry about damage.

I have a shared prong band that started to eat into the basket of my e-ring. I quickly bought a spacer band and have had no issues since.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results