shape
carat
color
clarity

Three stone ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

BluePea

Rough_Rock
I would like a ring for my right hand like Tiffany''s three stone emerald cut ring, but with colored gemstones instead of diamonds. I would like pink or light blue stones, so I was thinking tourmalines, pink sapphires pr acquamarines. I don''t have my engagement ring yet, but the diamond is .94 carats, so I want the gems not to be too large.

I am not sure how to go about the whole process, and I was hoping that you experts out there could help me with some advice.

1. I read that for certain stones, larger sizes work better; for instance, larger acquamarines appear to be more intensely blue. Is this something I should consider, i.e. eliminate the acquamarine possibility?

2. How do I find stones of matching color, and of matching size for the sides? Do I have to ask a jeweler to find them/cut them for me?

3. What are my options in terms of having the gems set? Can I do it through online vendors? I am having my diamond for the engagement ring set at a B&M store in Manhattan, and it costs more than twice what I would pay online.

4. I like pink tourmalines, but they tend to be very cheap; is this something that reflects on the quality of the stone, or on availability? I wouldn''t like to go through all this trouble and have my new ring get chipped once I start wearing it.

Thank you in advance.

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
1) Well, personally I think a nice colored stone is a nice colored stone regardless of size. I do think, though, that the nicer colors of aquamarine are often found in larger stones, but that doesn''t mean smaller stones are yuckier just because they''re smaller.

2) You can search, such as through www.palagems.com or www.cherrypicked.com or other sites, but it''s often easier to have an expert do it for you. I''d look on those sites to see what you want, then contact a jeweler with your parameters.

3) Well, if you''re getting a simple ring I''d just buy the ring from the jeweler and, if you know you''re okay with the stones, have the jeweler set them.

4) Many nice stones are cheap, due to availablity or lack of popularity. Buy what you like and don''t worry what other people think. Just make sure the stones are durable enough to be worn in a ring.

BluePea

Rough_Rock
I think this would look great with pink or light blue stones
36.gif
:

engagement_three_emddiamonds1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results