shape
carat
color
clarity

Three Stone Ring Sizes

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

rscully

Rough_Rock
I recently inherited a 1.5 carat round diamond. My husband and I are considering popping the 0.7 carat Princess diamond from my own engagement ring, purchasing a match, and having all three put into a truffle setting.
I did see elsewhere on Pricescope an example of a ring with three rounds of these sizes, but have you ever seen one with Princess sides? Any input?

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi rscully . I don''t think I''ve ever seen a ring with a round center and princess sidestones. I personally don''t think the differences in the geometrics of the two shapes match well. You''d probably have to ask a jeweler to see if it''s even possible to set the stones in a truffle like setting. If I inherited a round, i''d find a setting for the round and find a match for your princess and turn them into earrings or just turn the princess into a pendant rather than try to incorperate them into a new ring..

colorkitty

Shiny_Rock
I don''t think it would look nice. Sorry.

I think your round would make a lovely pendant or a right-hand ring.

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
I second (third?!) the motion that princesss and a round may not be the best choice for a single ring. BUT... if you were willing to buy (another) .7 or so princess, maybe you could buy 2 small rounds instead and use those (if you had your heart set on a 3-stone).

OR... OH! OH! I have a great idea!!! Put the $$$ towards that gorgeous Troi Brillient (sp?!) 3-stone setting WF has... the two sidestones (.25''ers) come with it. With a 1.5 center stone... oh YUM!!!
30.gif

Janice61

Rough_Rock
Hi, I just joined the boards and my first post will be to disagree with the other posters! I have the exact style of ring you are asking about, but in different proportions. It is a 1.25 rb centre with fancy yellow approx. .40 sidestones. I designed it myself and even the jeweler who made it was unsure. However, I love it and never get tired of looking at it. I think that if you put your princess sidestones in a baseball diamond setting (with the corners east/west/north/south, and have the center higher than the sides, this could work. If you are concerned, get yourself a piece of graph paper, measure your diamonds and do a sketch. Good luck whatever you decide!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Janice61, welcome, if you have a picture, I''d love to see it. your idea of setting the princess like a baseball diamond is interesting, is that how you set yours?

Sparkledrops

Brilliant_Rock
Hello,
If you want to know exactly what it would look like, go to adiamondisforever.com and go to design your own ring, click on the engagement ring, (not the three stone one, as it will not let you change the side stones like the engagement ring will). Then it will let you select the shape and sizes and metal you want. I tried it with the shapes and sizes you mentioned, and I think it looks great. I can imagine it with a narrow matching band, with alternating round and princess diamonds. It would be a unique look, and you could still use your "special" princess diamond in your e-ring. Just an idea for you. Good luck!

Sparkledrops

Brilliant_Rock
Oh yes, and I also think setting them at that angle would be nice also!!!! I love 3-stones, their my favorite!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
janice post pics of the round and two squares. It sounds weird but it my be beautiful!!! Pics please; I can''t wait.

Janice61

Rough_Rock
This is my first attempt at posting a photo, won''t know what it turns out like until I submit. Excuse the dirty ring, I have a baby and spend a lot of the day in vaseline and dirty diapers!

crop ering.jpg

Janice61

Rough_Rock
Forgot to mention that this is a tremendously sparkly ring when cleaned up.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
It is pretty.
36.gif
I want hand pics, pls.
I wonder if this is helping the thread starter?????

Janice61

Rough_Rock
Will post hand shots tomorrow...time for a sleep deprived mom to get some shuteye.

Sparkledrops

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful ring, beautiful BABY!!!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
I agree with the beautiful ring and ADORABLE baby!!!

Officers girl

Shiny_Rock
So pretty Janice!!! Another thought would also be maybe you could do color stone princesses because I love the ring Janice posted but for some reason when I imagine it in all white diamonds I dont like it as much
33.gif

devientdrow

Brilliant_Rock
I saw the photo on the other thread and I thought it looked quite nice!

Janice61

Rough_Rock
For those who asked, here is a hand shot. I never knew how hard it was to take a picture of your own hand until today.
26.gif

pricescope hand shot.jpg

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/21/2007 10:23:29 PM
Author: Janice61
This is my first attempt at posting a photo, won''t know what it turns out like until I submit. Excuse the dirty ring, I have a baby and spend a lot of the day in vaseline and dirty diapers!
This ring is beautiful!!! I love it!

rscully

Rough_Rock
The thread-starter is back!
It was really important to my husband to put the 2 princesses (one of which was in my original e-ring) on each side of the round he inherited from his mom. So we did it. And it looks FABULOUS.
Thanks everyone for your help & encouragement, especially the yellow-diamond gal.
I''m just enjoying 3 shiny carats.

shiny diamond.JPG

rscully

Rough_Rock
Someday I''ll learn how to attach 2 pictures.

truffle ring profile.jpg

:)

Brilliant_Rock
How beautiful, and special that you were able to tie everything together like that - great husband for buying an extra princess too!!
9.gif

rscully

Rough_Rock
and yet again.

topshottruffle.JPG

justjulia

Ideal_Rock
Chiming in late here. My wedding set is a lot like this, just different dimensions and the square in the middle/rounds on the outside kind of thing. I think your ring looks gorgeous and I love the extra sentiment behind it. Jewelry is supposed to be fun and make you smile when you look at it and it looks like you succeeded! Eta My avatar doesn't show my ering. I need to get that going...later in the week.

Beacon

Ideal_Rock
Wow it came out fantastic. I have never seen a 3 stone like this and I really like it. I think it is neat that you have so many sentimental stones in the ring. Very nice!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love the sentiment of the round from his mom, one from your ering and a new one too. It looks like it came out so well!

Janice, congrats on your baby!!! I hope you get some sleep soon :). And though I have never been a yellow stone or princess lover, your ring took my breath away, it is just so incredible. It really looks great. A unique but stunning combo.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow...I''m loving that ring as well! I''m usually a strictly square kind of girl but that look so good with the rb in the center and the two princesses on the sides. Congratulations!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh wow, it came out gorgeous!! I knew it would.
2.gif
I love the sentiment behind the stones. Congratulations and can we see some hand shots please?

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
That really turned out beautifully Rscully and your ring is lovely too Janice! Hearing someone say they are putting rounds and princess cuts together doesn''t sound that appealing to me, but seeing the actual result proves that it can be a very pretty combination. Thanks for sharing!

NYCsparkle

Brilliant_Rock
rscully: beautiful ring....any hand shots?

janice: love the color on the sidestones...yummy

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results