shape
carat
color
clarity

Three Stone Ring Setting Question

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

TL

Rough_Rock
I have been lurking around here forever but now I have a question. Does anyone know of a designer that does a three stone ring setting that does not have the bar that goes across the side of the ring that I have circled in red? I am looking for something that does not obstruct the side view. I am looking to put a 2ct round diamond in the center with one pear on each side between .65 and .75 for each stone. Is that bar necessary for the strength of the ring? Would platinum be strong enough to hold it together? Also I don''t want prongs thicker than the ones here.

Thank you for your help!!

Question file copy.jpg

sciencegeek

Shiny_Rock
MelissaSue''s beautiful A Jaffe ring doesn''t have the bar, but her center stone is about .95 I think. Don''t know if it''s more important to have the bar on larger center stones.

melissasue2.jpg

sciencegeek

Shiny_Rock
and in real life...

melissasue1.JPG

ChapmanLovesHarvard

Rough_Rock
Check out stewert moore... I think they might have what you are looking for. I could''t find a pic on the website, but I have seen them in person.

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock

Thanks for posting my ring sciencegeek!! Yeah.. I doubt it would hold more than a little bit over a 1ct center stone..plus she is looking for pears.. but these settings do exist without bars..

Here is another one I like. It is Bigbaddbuff''s Scott Kay Platinum 3 stone. 1 ct center

bc%20br102dvs2%20side%20view%202.jpg

bc%20br102dvs2%20side%20view.jpg

Its so pretty!

Then there is this absolutely AMAZING ring: It''s a custom Verragio posted by travl4me1 (I know that veraggio has a lot of rings with out the bar, with the real deep V type setting.) Center is 1.10.

Tam_ring4.jpg

I just realized that some of my very favorite rings on here are these styles without the bar across them.. I totally love them.

Melissa

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
Okay. I''ve done a bit more searching. Check out Verragio Under their Verragio Classics collection. Style # ENG-0023 especially (Its a flash site, so I can''t copy and paste) Its got .44 ct pear side stones.. but its a start.. The euro collection has lots of these styles too, but I don''t see any with pears off hand.. but NONE of their settings have the bar , and they have a TON of 3 stones
Checkout their section on Lumino setting too. Thats what they call this type of setting that they do. THey claim it lets the most light into the stone so it sparkles even more.
Melissa

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results