shape
carat
color
clarity

Three-Stone 1.65 K SI1 RB Engagement Ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

dpm9h

Rough_Rock
I asked PriceScope for help a couple weeks ago to choose a center diamond for my engagement ring. You can read the thread at https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/help-me-choose-between-3-rbs.123831/. I wound up purchasing one of those diamonds, #1 in the thread, and it is now on my newly engaged fiancee's finger and we love it! The ring was purchased from ID Jewelry and the three-stone setting was custom made from uniquesettings.com. The ring has two side diamonds weighing 1.03 cts total and 8 diamonds weighing 0.33 cts total.

My fiancee and I took some pictures this week and I'd like to share them with everyone here. Unfortunately it's not in brand new condition as she'd already been wearing it for about two weeks, but I still think the pictures look gorgeous. Enjoy!

dpm9h

Rough_Rock
A view from above and to the side.

lpizz1.JPG

dpm9h

Rough_Rock
A view from above and to the front.

lpizz2.JPG

beechezz

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, that is a beautiful ring. Congratulations to you and your fiancee!

dpm9h

Rough_Rock
A view from the top. Different lighting and a little blurry.

lpizz3.1.JPG

dpm9h

Rough_Rock
A view from the front. The color is fairly apparent here. It looks a like a light champagne color, not so much yellow. Could this be what is considered a brown tint? GIA doesn''t name the color of a diamond if it is K or higher, so it wouldn''t show up on the cert.

lpizz4.JPG

dpm9h

Rough_Rock
A view from the side, you can see the smaller diamonds trailing on the side here. This was a feature that both my fiancee and I like very much in a setting.

lpizz5.JPG

dpm9h

Rough_Rock
Last picture! Kind of a diagonal view. You can see the color in the center diamond from this angle as well.

I'd like to add that this is a 6.75 sized ring (for size reference). It sparkles BEAUTIFULLY in a wide array of lighting settings which is exactly what I was hoping to have and I can definitely thank the PS for that. Though I didn't pick them out myself, the larger side diamonds seem to sparkle just as well which I was very happy with. My only scruple might be that I hoped the contrast in color between the center diamond and larger side diamonds were a little less pronounced (you can see the contrast in some, but not all, of the pictures), although really it's not an issue and is not too easy to see in real life. Everyone who's seen the ring has only raved about how big and sparkly the diamonds are, and as far as that goes I couldn't ask for any better.

If anyone has any questions about my purchase or is thinking of buying a ring and wants to ask me any advice, I'd be more than happy to share my experiences. I've learned a LOT from PS and I might as well start giving some help and knowledge back.

lpizz6.JPG

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congrats. :)

Maybe it is time to start buying a jewelry cleaning kit or machine? :razz:

dpm9h

Rough_Rock
Date: 9/19/2009 6:49:59 PM
Author: Stone-cold11
Congrats. :)

Maybe it is time to start buying a jewelry cleaning kit or machine? :razz:

I''m thinking of buying one, actually. It certainly would''ve been useful right before taking close up pictures like these.

Something like this, maybe? http://www.amazon.com/Premier-ULTRASONIC-JEWELRY-CLEANER-CD-ROM/dp/B001DKDAVW

Should I at all be concerned about this wearing down the ring? It''s rhodium-plated 14k white gold. I can get it rhodium plated as often as once per year for free, though I have to pay for return shipping, so I don''t know how often we would use a cleaning machine if it accelerated the wear of the rhodium significantly at all. The ring certainly doesn''t look dirty at all from normal viewing distances after a couple weeks of wear.

By the way, I like how 5 minutes ago I was offering help and advice, and now here I am asking for some.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful! It faces up soo white!

chiquitapet

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful!! Congratulations!!
36.gif

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
Congrats on the engagement and the successful proposal!! You did a great job! That diamond definitely faces up very white! It''s gorgeous!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
The US is safe to use. Also can use a baby tooth brush and some dish soap! Works great!

Lovely ring! What color are the sides? If the color difference ever bothers you I bet you can trade them in for lower color stones... but I know what you mean about real life versus pics. My K doesn''t show much tint in real life, but more in pics for sure.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is beautiful!

legra

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful ring - the center diamond looks very white and sparkly! Congrats on your engagement.

dpm9h

Rough_Rock
Date: 9/19/2009 10:22:51 PM
Author: dreamer_dachsie
The US is safe to use. Also can use a baby tooth brush and some dish soap! Works great!

Lovely ring! What color are the sides? If the color difference ever bothers you I bet you can trade them in for lower color stones... but I know what you mean about real life versus pics. My K doesn''t show much tint in real life, but more in pics for sure.

Thanks all for the positive feedback! I appreciate it. As to your question, unfortunately ID Jewelry doesn''t have the paperwork for the side diamonds and couldn''t tell me the exact color grades. I requested I, J, or K only, however. Looks like they might be Is, but like I said the difference is only really apparent from close up and at specific angles so I''m not too worried.

How difficult/expensive would it be trade in the side diamonds? I''m guessing it probably won''t be worth it, especially since besides the small contrast in color I am very satisfied with them.

Lastly, can anyone confirm that a US cleaner doesn''t accelerate the fading of rhodium plating on a WG ring?

mitsui4

Brilliant_Rock
nice.

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
looks gorgeous

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
Lovely setting.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/20/2009 12:25:25 AM
Author: dpm9h

Date: 9/19/2009 10:22:51 PM
Author: dreamer_dachsie

Thanks all for the positive feedback! I appreciate it. As to your question, unfortunately ID Jewelry doesn''t have the paperwork for the side diamonds and couldn''t tell me the exact color grades. I requested I, J, or K only, however. Looks like they might be Is, but like I said the difference is only really apparent from close up and at specific angles so I''m not too worried.

How difficult/expensive would it be trade in the side diamonds? I''m guessing it probably won''t be worth it, especially since besides the small contrast in color I am very satisfied with them.

Lastly, can anyone confirm that a US cleaner doesn''t accelerate the fading of rhodium plating on a WG ring?
Do a search on "ultrasonic" and "white gold" there have been lots of threads. I use mine all the time on my wg ring and no issues.

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Absolutely stunning ring! I love the warmth of the stone that you can see from the side, and how icy it looks from face up! It''s just beautiful!
36.gif

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
I love warm stones! Congratulations!!!!

joelly

Ideal_Rock
Thats just beautiful. I love the setting. I bet your ring sparkles sparkles and sparkles. Congratulations!!!!!!!!!
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results