shape
carat
color
clarity

three sided pave bands

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

day_lily_me

Rough_Rock
I went to the mall yesterday with a friend to pick up a bracelet she had had repaired. While we were at the store I looked at some pave bands - very thin and narrow. They were paved on three sides but not all the way around. I think they were about 1/4 carat each. Does anybody know what I''m talking about or where I might look to find something like that and how much I should expect to pay? I''ve been reading pricescope enough to know not to buy from the mall store. What I want to wear them with is an 8mm 18kt gold wedding band that belonged to my great grandmother and I''ve had mounted with a 3.01 princess cut stone that I bought for myself for my 25th anniversary which was 14 years ago. The pave bands would need to be soldered onto the 8 mm band to keep the diamonds on top, I think. Would that be a problem? I thought it would give the single band a new and more current look. Any ideas? Thanks.

MissAva

Ideal_Rock

day_lily_me

Rough_Rock
Thanks Matatora. But it''s not like the one I had in mind - beautiful but not the same.

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
If you can point out some of the differences I bet that someone here can find what you were thinking of!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here''s several different pave bands from Art of Platinum

r346-08C%20(2).jpg

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
here''s dazedland''s custom e-ring from WhiteFlash that is 3 sided pave 3/4 away around...

dzlndfinishedringwf.jpg

day_lily_me

Rough_Rock
mrssalvo, in the first picture you posted, it would look more like the one on the left on the bottom. But the diamonds were VERY tiny since the ring was VERY thin. And it was in yellow gold - actually 14kt and I''d like to have it in 18kt. Would this be something I could have made locally and if so, how much would something like that cost if each ring had about 1/4 carat of diamond pave in it? They have to be thin rings since the middle band is 8mm and otherwise would cover my whole finger - still will almost. Does anybody else have any other ideas to spruce it up? I don''t want to take away from my big princess cut stone in the middle. Thanks everybody for their suggestions and efforts.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Is there any way you can post a picture of you current set. that would help us in seeing what you have and what might work best. If I were soldering my rings I wouldn''t want to pay for 3-sideds pave when one side would be attached to another ring. you can have 2 sided pave rings made with one side metal like jadeleaves.
DSCN6178.JPG

DSCN6136.JPG

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
if you have a good local jeweler who does custom work, i''m sure they could make it for you. as for the price, i could only guess but it''s not the tiny diamonds that are expensive, it''s the work the benchman has to do to make it.

day_lily_me

Rough_Rock
Okay, I''m trying to attach a picture but not sure I know how to do it. But you can see that it''s a wide band and the pave side rings would ''stand up'' a little on each side of it. What do y''all think? Too much? Something else?

Anny Ring.JPG

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
well, you''ve got a pretty wide band. did you try on any of the thin bands in the store? It think it would all depend on how it looked to you and how long your fingers are to be able to add another 3-4mm in width with two eternity bands.

day_lily_me

Rough_Rock
I did try both of them on. They were a little bit raised - higher than the solid gold band - but fit my finger just fine. They are VERY thin which is what attracted me to them in the first place. I can''t remember exactly how many carats of diamonds were in each but I''m thinking it was around 1/4 carat each. They wanted $1000 - including tax for both of them although that didn''t include the soldering work. I just wanted some other opinions and I thank you all.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
that sounds like a very good price to me for both bands...if you like how they look i''d say go for it...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results