shape
carat
color
clarity

Three prong stud pics requested

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

fuffi

Shiny_Rock
Does anyone have pics of a 3 prong diamond stud on the ear? I''d like to see both martini and basket to compare how they sit. Any opinions would also be welcome. Thanks so much in advance!

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
hey fuffi, i think you will find this thread most helpful.
2.gif

fuffi

Shiny_Rock
Thanks belle!
36.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
belle gave you a great thread to read, but I have to chime in and say the martini setting is the best ever. I had my old studs re set in a martini setting and can''t believe the difference. They sit so much better on the ear and all you see is sparkle.

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
you''re welcome fuffi
1.gif

my vote is definitely for the three-prong martini. it is a beautiful understated setting.

Patty

Ideal_Rock
This pic is of one of my new martini set earrings...

102_0269.JPG

Gemklctr

Shiny_Rock
Date: 11/9/2005 9:09:06 PM
Author: kaleigh
belle gave you a great thread to read, but I have to chime in and say the martini setting is the best ever. I had my old studs re set in a martini setting and can''t believe the difference. They sit so much better on the ear and all you see is sparkle.
Ditto. I just reset my wife''s 2.14tcw studs in 3-prong martinis. Droop is gone, she claims they are much more comfortable, and they look both larger and brighter.

AlyceC

Rough_Rock
Here is a photo of my old basket set, screw back diamond studs. I can''t remember the exact total weight, but I think it was 1.5. I upgraded to a 3.03 CTW set through an upgrade policy at the store where I bought the original pair. I couldn''t resist full trade in value toward a new pair! The only problem swith the new pair below is that they are no longer an "every day" pair of earrings and most people think they''re fake!

small basket stud.jpg

AlyceC

Rough_Rock
Here is the upgraded pair...I agree with the previous posts. The martini is the better setting. I have extra large backs on the new pair, and there is no drooping whatsoever. Compared to the screwbacks, however, I do check the earrings occasionally to make sure they''re not loose.

larger earring.jpg

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
I have three prong baskets and just love them.
They sag more than the martinis but my jeweler only offered the
baskets.

narlyear11.JPG

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''ve seen Nan''s and they are very beautiful. If you choose to do the 3 prong basket just ask for extra large backs and that will prevent any drooping!!

anika

Shiny_Rock
Hi Sevens One

Gorgeous Studs- do you mind me asking what size they are?

Also anyone- which do you think makes the diamond look bigger- basket or martini?

Thanks Anika

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
I think that depends on your ear type. Many people on here prefer their martini setting but my ears almost hide the studs I have set that way, so I like basket. They do make three prong basket settings.

fuffi

Shiny_Rock
Wow, you guys rock! Thanks for all the great pics and for sharing your opinions. I have small earlobes so I''m thinking the martini setting is definitely the better choice for me.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
there was also a thread that lynn started a while back where a bunch of martinis were posted on the ears, mine included and aljdeweys as well etc. there was alot of discussion re settings in there as well.

i used to have 4 prong baskets that sagged and looked horrible...totally not my thing. i adore the 3 prong martinis because of how well they sit on the ear, don''t get in the way of hair or anything and just seem more of a subtle look. the only time i get tempted to change is when i tried on wf''s new 6 or 8 prong handmade settings, those were divine but really only for larger stones because the prongs would overwhelm smaller stones. we tried on 1.50ctw in that setting and they were FAB.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mara,
Are the new WF 6-8 prong earrings on their website yet??

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
They surely are and they sell them in the Expert Selection Ready to Go category too, here's the link:

http://www.whiteflash.com/Fine-jewelry/Diamond_Studs/Expert-Selection-Ready-set-to-GO_946.htm

They are really lovely. However, on the ears you don't see as much of the detail but they do 'round' the stone quote well as opposed to the prong triangle that happens with the 3 prong. I think if I go as large as .75c in each ear at some point I will definitely get these setttings. But for smaller stones I think the 3 prong is still the way to maximize the look!

Edited to add that the settings are VERY delicate in person. Handmade and all that. I told Brian I wanted a 3 stone ring with that kind of 8 prong martini look cupping the stone and he said that they couldn't have something quite so delicate on the hand...but that they could maybe do something custom and beef it up a bit. But I really loved the delicate feel of that setting!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you Mara. Something to think about!! It''s a really unique setting.
31.gif

anika

Shiny_Rock
Mara,
thanks for the info. I actually saw the 8 prong martini on the WF website and liked it better than the 3 prong - keeps the roundness of the stone. Since you have tried these on do you think would this look good for Total ct weight of 1.3? (0.65 ct each ear). Do you think they make the diamond look bigger??

Thanks,

Anika

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results