shape
carat
color
clarity

Three prong setting opinion

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

8*flash

Rough_Rock
How do the ladies like this setting? I am contemplating a similar setting and wanted to hear some opinions. It''s definately unique!

http://www.mwmjewelry.com/Daiva-comp-1b.jpg

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
Even though I'm a guy, I'll express my opinion.
1.gif

GORGEOUS ring! But while it's extremely substantial, I don't think it's safe enough for every day wear. Especially if you've an 8* (correct me should I be wrong). I think 4 prongs would be more appropriate. If you knock hard and damage just one prong, the stone might become loose...
Very beautiful design, though!
1.gif

8*flash

Rough_Rock
At first glance I would tend to agree but this is afterall Mark Morrell. I doubt he would make ANYTHING remotely unsafe. Point taken though.

jenntheten

Rough_Rock
Very unique and very beautiful. I trust his designs and think all of us with thousands of dollars of "rock" sitting on our finger just need to be careful!
1.gif

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
It's gorgeous. The prongs look very thick and substantial to me.

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
Oh, if you plan to have it done by MM, then no problem.
Otherwise, I'd think twice about it!
2.gif
9.gif

Heyjud

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful.... but I'd sleep better at night
Knowing a fourth prong was holding it tight!

smaggard

Rough_Rock
Have you see the eye candy folder?
Someone there posted pics of this setting. You could just contact them and ask if the stone falls out all the time
9.gif
9.gif

http://www.proposal-ideas.com/idealbb/view.asp?mode=viewtopic&topicID=5429&num=30&sessionID={1DB5ACB5-C9F1-4C01-8A77-A62D8FC5510A}&pageNo=3

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Verra pretty!! MM's stuff is just amazing.

Nate

Shiny_Rock
Its a pretty nice setting, though I think it needs a larger diamond than the first pic has. Otherwise, with such thick prongs, the design doesn't really appeal to me.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results