shape
carat
color
clarity

Three Diamond Martini Pendants from BGD

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
For anyone wondering what size diamond to get for a pendant, I'm posting the three I had BGD make for me a few months ago.
The largest is my 1.04ct, then the .53ct and finally a .24ct

All three are set in a platinum martini and I absolutely adore them. I did break the lock on the .24ct while I was taking pics ;(
But if anyone wants to see how they look layered, I can do that as soon as I get it fixed, should be this weekend.

the 1.04ct is an H&A's purchased from GOG, the .53 is an ideal (AGS) from WF, and the .24 is an H&A from BGD.

In the pics, the 1.04ct and .53 don't look like there's much difference, but on the neck the difference in size is very visible.

oh, and ignore my hair.. I can never get it out of the way.

ETA:
oops, can a mod. please move this to "Show me the Bling."

3_pendants.jpg

3_pendants_1.jpg

all_3_.jpg

pendants.jpg

mdmc

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Oh I love them. Can you tell me the length of each?

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How totally weird. I was just wanting to know exactly this! Thank you !! I look forward to more pictures.

Btw, they look fabulous. I would wear them everyday. Thanks for sharing!

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Elle Chris - your timing couldn't be better! I'm thinking of getting myself a pendant in the ~.50 size range - and you've all but given me the go-ahead! Could you show us the back of one of your pendants? Thanks!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
These are just lovely!

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ignore your hair? But your hair looks AWESOME! (So do the pendants.)

thecat

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
They look lovely on you :appl:

ooo~Shiney!

Brilliant_Rock
Well, I'll be....

that tiny one shines like a little beacon !!!! :love:

how lovely they look layered like that !

Rena7

Shiny_Rock
I love that look. Now I need another diamond pendant. I have a .4 so maybe a .2-.25 would look good. Thanks for the inspiration. :wavey:

CRYSTAL24K

Brilliant_Rock
I love the layered look also. Beautiful! I also want to know the lengths of the pendants.

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
Thanks everyone.

The lengths are 18" with jump rings at 17 or 16 inches.

Here's a pic of the back.

_24907.jpg

kitsunegrl

Rough_Rock
Thanks for sharing! I took advantage of the sale and got a .23 in a martini setting and can't wait to receive it. I searched and could not find many pictures of it here, the bezel is much more popular. However, I just love the way the martini really makes the stone look like it's floating. So beautiful.

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
kitsunegrl|1417790418|3795714 said:
Thanks for sharing! I took advantage of the sale and got a .23 in a martini setting and can't wait to receive it. I searched and could not find many pictures of it here, the bezel is much more popular. However, I just love the way the martini really makes the stone look like it's floating. So beautiful.

My 1ct was originally set in a very thin bezel. But you're right, bezels have become so popular that I decided to have it re-set into the 3 prong martini. I also love the way it looks.

I think you're gonna love yours! Don't forget to post pics.

mdmc

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Sorry not quite understanding. Do they have 2 jump rings? One at 17" and one at 16"?

lorrissey

Brilliant_Rock
LOVE the layered look. I cannot do layers. by the end of the day, i'm a tangled, jumbled mess.

CrisM

Shiny_Rock
Gorgeous!!

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
mdmc|1417804288|3795852 said:
Sorry not quite understanding. Do they have 2 jump rings? One at 17" and one at 16"?

Sorry for not being specific. Was also wrong about the length.

So, the chain lengths are: 1ct and .53ct are both 18". The .24ct is 17"
The jump rings are at 17" on my 1ct (was at 16" but I had it moved by my local jeweler) and at 16" on my .53ct.
On my .24ct it's also at 16"

I need to get the .53ct jump ring moved to 16.5" and have the clasp fixed.

So this way if I layer them, it would be: 1ct @ 17", .53ct @ 16.5 and .24ct @ 16"

Very confusing..i know..lol..

xorubyred

Rough_Rock
Thank you for sharing! Your pendants are gorgeous :love: and seeing the different sizes was really helpful. Now I'm hoping BGD does the same Thanksgiving sale next year so I can get myself one

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
I love the layering! I have a .55ct BGD in the WG martini & was so tempted to order another during the Black Friday sale. Wish I would have after seeing your thread. Next year I'm going for it, such a gorgeous look :love:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh how beautiful they all are! :love: And it is so helpful to see the size comparison - I really love the delicate look of the smaller stones - they are all so bright and lively - and you have beautiful hair! Jealous! :cheeky:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Any one of those would be stunning by itself, but the look of all three together is... magical, really :love:

I like your idea of using jump rings to layer, and leaving open the option to re-configure how they fall :sun: the sizes work really well together - the graduation is beautiful!! And I really like that they're all in the same setting, too :love:

endless_summer

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Your pendants are gorgeous! I love the martini look, and layering these three in such beautiful proportions is a fabulous idea. Congrats on such a perfectly executed project!

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
Thank you everyone.

I didn't get a chance to get the .53 fixed yet but am hoping to get there sometime today.

My 1ct was originally a bezel and I loved it. But it was time for a change. Martini settings really let the stones shine.. just something about the look.. :love:

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do they tangle? And if not, what keeps them from tangling? I have never been able to wear two things together.

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
not much no. they do ride up on the neck though, but oddly enough it looks good since they're all at different angles.

They're different sizes and lengths so the weight is slightly different on them. Also, on the .53ct , the clasp is on the opposite side of the 1ct and .24ct so they don't get tangled up with each other.

chemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Thank you so much for posting this. I have been agonizing over pendant size for a while. I would have thought a O.24 would look small on a grown woman, but you have confirmed that any size works. I love them all and feel I can't go wrong if I work with a good vendor.

Thanks!!!

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
Thank you.

Chemgirl- the .24 is definitely not too small. It can absolutely hold it's own against the larger ones.
I think it's a great size.

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
elle_chris, I remember you posting at the start of this project. It came out great and looks lovely on you!

16ocean

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for this post elle_chris.
They look great on you and such an awesome visual. Question: what are the color/clarity of the stones. They look so bright and white on your neck.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results