shape
carat
color
clarity

Three colored diamond rings

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/24/2008 1:02:29 PM
Author: kimikocat

Date: 12/24/2008 12:46:37 AM
Author: tourmaline_lover
Yellows come in various shades. If you want a fancy vivid or intense, then yes, it is expensive. However, there are lighter yellows that are much more affordable such as Fancy light yellow or Fancy yellow. With the right kind of setting, the yellow can be further enhanced. I think DBL (Diamonds By Lauren) has a wide array of fancy yellows at prices all along the spectrum. DBL is definitely competitively priced.

Also, don''t be afraid of clarity with fancy colors. The color tends to hide much more than a colorless diamond. DBL often has I-clarity stones that sparkle like crazy, you can''t tell they''re I-clarity because the color really hides the inclusions well. This also helps you to save a significant chunk of change when purchasing a fancy yellow.

I like the yellows that are very soft, almost pastel, so not so much the vivid or intense shades -- though those are pretty too.

I will check out the DBL listings :) Thanks for the tips!

I love your green diamond, with the pink halo it looks so unusual, and I like how the color seems to be iridescent.
Well that will definitely work in your favor when pricing yellow diamonds. I think you can find affordable yellows, and even at less than a carat in size, colored diamonds give a huge impact. Thanks again for all the kind words on my green diamond - I love as well, and I haven''t taken it off (except to sleep) since I got it. It also changes color, and I think it''s fascinating to look at for that aspect as well. My mother wants to steal it from me! I just wished I could photograph it better, the pictures do not do it justice.

DBL is great to work with and the owner, David, is very knowlegable on the subject of colored diamonds. I hope you find the yellow diamond of your dreams. If spending a great deal on a yellow diamond, I would insist on a fancy colored diamond report from the GIA. No other lab will do for me as far as colored diamonds are concerned. David provides GIA reports with most of his inventory.

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
They all look gorgeous!

kimikocat

Shiny_Rock
Date: 12/24/2008 1:47:26 PM
Author: tourmaline_lover
Date: 12/24/2008 1:02:29 PM

Well that will definitely work in your favor when pricing yellow diamonds. I think you can find affordable yellows, and even at less than a carat in size, colored diamonds give a huge impact. Thanks again for all the kind words on my green diamond - I love as well, and I haven''t taken it off (except to sleep) since I got it. It also changes color, and I think it''s fascinating to look at for that aspect as well. My mother wants to steal it from me! I just wished I could photograph it better, the pictures do not do it justice.

Aw. I can understand why your mother wants to steal your green diamond from you. But don''t let her. *grin* It''s a very special piece.

DBL is great to work with and the owner, David, is very knowlegable on the subject of colored diamonds. I hope you find the yellow diamond of your dreams. If spending a great deal on a yellow diamond, I would insist on a fancy colored diamond report from the GIA. No other lab will do for me as far as colored diamonds are concerned. David provides GIA reports with most of his inventory.
class>

I checked out DBL''s stock and noticed that he stocks quite a few diamonds from the S-Z color range. What do you think of the color in those stones, vs. a fancy light yellow? I''m guessing that David will add more items after his holidays. Are there any pieces that you''d recommend? It''d be for a ring.

kimi

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
S to Z might have a brown modifier, and I would prefer a GIA graded fancy yellow, even if it's a fancy light yellow. I don't care much for the brownish modifiers in cape stones. You should really ask David what he thinks though.

I know you like pastels, but I think a great value is this stone. It's well priced because it is an I-clarity, but the color is so intense that the clarity issues are not important. I find clarity in vivid stones not nearly as important as in fancy light or colorless diamonds. Because of the clarity, you can save quite a bit on a very intense yellow colored diamond, that once set, will look like $$$$$
30.gif
$$$$$$

http://rockdiamond.com/index.php/jewelry/loose-diamond-62-vivid-yellow-handpicked-i1-radiant-diamond-gia

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
TL... all the rings turned out just beautiful!
30.gif
How on earth will you choose what to wear?... oh wait, they each fit on different fingers........... so you can wear them all at once! That is some serious bling!!! LOL!!!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
6.gif
How did I miss this thread? Your rings are gorgeous and each one so unique!
30.gif
30.gif

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
I love those rings. You have such a cool collection.

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Wow, those are all really spectacular. I really like round stones in square-ish halos, so the green/pink is my favorite too. What a great collection!

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
TL-all 3 are lovely! I think the pinkish brown turned out beautifully in its new setting, love the halo on the yellow and the grey in the pink gold setting is my fav :)

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you so much everyone for the kind words and compliments on my rings. I love round stones in square halos as well, it reminds me of the art deco period. My favorite period of jewelry (hency my Greta Garbo art deco style avitar)!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results