shape
carat
color
clarity

Thoughts...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

WrexXnEffexX

Rough_Rock
I am thinking about purchasing this radiant loose diamond online for my current gf as an e-ring. I have searched around the city at a few stores, but for some reason I keep coming back to this diamond in regards to quality, price, appeal. Any thoughts and comments good or bad would be greatly appreciated! Thanks all!! Your knowledge is valued...

Radiant Diamond - $4709.00

Grading Lab: GIA
Measurement: 5.92 - 5.85 x 4.03
Carat weight: 1.21
Cut: Signature Ideal
Color: H
Clarity: SI1
L/W Ratio: 1.01
Depth%: 68.9%
Table%: 75%
Symmetry: Good
Polish: Good
Girdle: Extra Thin to Very Thick
Culet: None
Fluorescence: None

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Welcome to PS
35.gif

I'd be worried about the girdle...

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
I prefer radiants with a depth and table between 60-65. The table on this diamond is so large that the diamond will appear very flat on the top and will have little fire. A little lower depth will ensure the stone looks as large as its carat weight.

Edit: what kaleigh said about the girdle is a good point. Ext. thin girdles are more prone to chipping. Try to stay in the thin-med, med, thin to slightly thick range.

WrexXnEffexX

Rough_Rock
Thank you for your feedback. Does this paticular diamond look better

Radiant Diamond $5172.00

Measurement: 6.02 - 5.80 x 4.05
Carat weight: 1.16
Cut*: Signature Ideal
Color: G
Clarity: VS1
L/W Ratio: 1.04
Depth%: 69.8%
Girdle: Extra Thin to Slightly Thick

WrexXnEffexX

Rough_Rock
kcoursolle-

Thank you for your feedback as well. This is all very very very new to me. I am trying to find a beautiful radiant diamond (1.2 - 1.3) in the $5000.00 range. This site has been very helpful and the fellow posters have been very informative! Thanks again!!!

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/4/2006 3:17:54 PM
Author: WrexXnEffexX
Thank you for your feedback. Does this paticular diamond look better

Radiant Diamond $5172.00

Measurement: 6.02 - 5.80 x 4.05
Carat weight: 1.16
Cut*: Signature Ideal
Color: G
Clarity: VS1
L/W Ratio: 1.04
Depth%: 69.8%
Girdle: Extra Thin to Slightly Thick
Depth and table are still too big, and similar problems with the ex. thin girdle.

Don't feel discouraged, it's difficult to pick out well-cut radiants. They are not as easy as rounds and even when the numbers look right, it is still helpful to see a picture. I would start by doing a search for radiant here and reading about cut and looking at pictures. I have a meeting soon, but afterwards I'll try to check out some radiants online for you. Another thing you can do is go lower in clarity to an eye-clean SI, inclusions don't show as much in radiants compared to rounds, and then you can get a better cut which really determines how the diamond sparkles. Color and clarity are secondary.

WrexXnEffexX

Rough_Rock
Again, thanks for the help!!

This has definately been a fun learning experience, yet sometimes frustrating..

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
This one I linked below shows potential as far as cut proportions, but you would need to ask Jim Schultz for an image to better assess the stone. My only concerns are that the clarity is really higher than you need, and the H color might show a touch of warmth (and this may be fine depending on how color sensitive you are). I also wish the symmetry was at least VG, but this is secondary.

This should be about in your budget once the pricescope discount is taken (5% with a bankwire)
http://www.jamesallen.com/diamond.asp?cid=131&item=982331

There aren''t a lot of well-cut radiants out there, you might want to consider calling jim schultz or the folks at WF or GOG directly to see what they can do for you.

WrexXnEffexX

Rough_Rock
Again this is new to me... Can you elaborate on Mr Shulz and WF and GOG. Everyones help is appreciated and wanted. I never thought a good radiant diamond would be so darn difficult to find.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/4/2006 6:54:01 PM
Author: WrexXnEffexX

Again this is new to me... Can you elaborate on Mr Shulz and WF and GOG. Everyones help is appreciated and wanted. I never thought a good radiant diamond would be so darn difficult to find.
WF, is www.whiteflash.com, ask for Lesley. GOG is www.goodoldgold.com ask for Jonathon or Tim. Jim Shultz is the owner of www.Jamesallen.com They are all Pricescope vendors, I have bought from 2 of them. But all get the thumbs up from me. HTH, good luck!!!

coda72

Brilliant_Rock
I think you will be hard pressed to find a well cut 1.2-1.3 carat radiant in your price range. If you go up to $6,000 you have more possibilities, at least online. Here''s some that look good, at least on paper:

http://www.jamesallen.com/diamond.asp?b=16&a=12&c=77&cid=131&item=976828

http://www.jamesallen.com/diamond.asp?b=16&a=12&c=77&cid=131&item=960054

http://www.uniondiamond.com/diamonds/diamonds.php?item_id=AA270182&search_type_id=2&action_type_id=2&network_id=0cf05810a0f83094f6e9972ef21cdd34#

http://www.abazias.com/database/NewDiamondInfo.asp?stock=31828390&flag=ps

The prices on these don''t reflect any discount you may get by mentioning Pricescope.

Londonchris

Rough_Rock
I`ve been following a few threads about what people want and what they want to spend ect and to be honest i would (read I) go for a stone half the size of your first intention. ie: 1.0ct > o.50ct.
This way you will end up with a far superior stone for your money.
Just my humble opinion
1.gif

WrexXnEffexX

Rough_Rock
I found this one at Abazias.

Radiant cut - $5815.77

Carat Weight: 1.22
Color: F
Clarity: VS2
Depth%: 60.8
Table %: 67
Symmetry: G
Polish: VG
Girdle: TN-TK
Culet: N
Fluorescence: N
Measurements: 6.40x6.10x3.71
Cut Grade: N/A

coda72

Brilliant_Rock
That''s one of the stones I posted a link for that has a possibility of being a good stone, but you still have to have the vendor call it in and look at it to tell you for sure. If the vendor can take pictures and you can post them here, we might be able to tell something by the pictures. But numbers alone don''t guarantee a beautiful radiant.

WrexXnEffexX

Rough_Rock
Coda and others-

Thanks again for all of your help. I am trying to find a stone within the next week so I can pull the trigger before Christmas. You guys/gals have been a GREAT help!

Wrex
26.gif

WrexXnEffexX

Rough_Rock
Well today I found out from a friend that my GF is also talking about Princess and Asscher. What is everyones thoughts on these and is one easier to get than another. I am looking around 5k-6k...

Thanks again for all of your help

Wrexx

the other Jake

Shiny_Rock
Princess will definately be easier and probably are more common for an engagement ring. Based on what I've seen on pricescope, it seems that good asschers are hard to find...

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well, it sounds as if she wants a square stone to me. Since it''s harder to find a nicely cut fancy vs. a round, I would buy the nicest cut stone that your money will buy whether that ends up being a radiant, princess, or an asscher. Asschers face up pretty small, so if she wants something large, that might narror down your choices. You might also want to check out the Xfactor at WF, it''s a princess with cut corners like a radiant. It might be perfect for her.

WrexXnEffexX

Rough_Rock
I am farely familar with Radiants now that I have received all of your help on this board. Can someone give me some good dimensions and things to look for and stay away from in the Asscher and Princess scope. Thanks again guys/gals!!

Wrexx~

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
I can''t help you with asschers, strom is the asscher expert around here. I don''t know a lot about princess stones either, except that looking for an AGS "0" might be a good place to start. Hopefully someone will chime in with more specifics.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results