shape
carat
color
clarity

Thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

oneforship

Rough_Rock
What do some people think of this diamond?

What are the thoughts about going that low in color for a yellow gold setting?

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GORGEOUS!!! I wouldn't hesitate if it was me but it depends on you. The Princess shows a slight warmth as we can see in the video, if that is something you would love about the diamond and you would like to show it off with the setting, then go for it!!! However the Infinity Princess would look much whiter as a K colour than a common PC!

oneforship

Rough_Rock
Would it show less or more warmth in the yellow gold setting? (Really just curious as I have no personal experience to base this off of).

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/2/2009 4:46:57 AM
Author: oneforship
Would it show less or more warmth in the yellow gold setting? (Really just curious as I have no personal experience to base this off of).
There are 2 schools of thought on this I have heard over the years. I assume here that the setting would have a WG head and prongs. I have heard that some believe yellow gold can make the diamond look whiter as the band can de- emphasize the contrast between the warmth of the diamond and the ring. Some believe that a diamond can pick up reflections from YG and choose white as this can help the diamond look whiter - so really it would be best to ask Wink to advise as he will be able to give you a good idea as to how to get the best effect that you want from the diamond.

Fabulous Princess Onesie!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

oneforship

Rough_Rock
Date: 4/2/2009 4:55:44 AM
Author: Lorelei
There are 2 schools of thought on this I have heard over the years. I assume here that the setting would have a WG head and prongs. I have heard that some believe yellow gold can make the diamond look whiter as the band can de- emphasize the contrast between the warmth of the diamond and the ring. Some believe that a diamond can pick up reflections from YG and choose white as this can help the diamond look whiter - so really it would be best to ask Wink to advise as he will be able to give you a good idea as to how to get the best effect that you want from the diamond.

36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Ok thanks! What about if it had yellow gold head and prongs?

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/2/2009 5:53:13 AM
Author: oneforship

Date: 4/2/2009 4:55:44 AM
Author: Lorelei

36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Ok thanks! What about if it had yellow gold head and prongs?
Then that might add some warmth to the best of my knowledge, if that is what you want then ask Wink what would be the best way to emphasize or minimize the warmth in that lovely rock!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results