shape
carat
color
clarity

Thoughts please

MAC-W

Brilliant_Rock
What are your thoughts on this stone http://cgi.ebay.com/1-19ct-Unheated...e-Sapphire-/330458711307?pt=Loose_Gemstones_1 ?

Is it likely to be what it claims?

Dont worry about the colour - I'm looking at it for adding to a pendant that I'm trying to make with (within reason) every shade of blue so just the fact that its blue is good enough.

I'm more concerned about whether it really is natural, whether the cut is good, will it sparkle etc

Taking colour completely out of the equation, what are your thoughts on this stone?

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can only say that if you're worried about it being natural, you should get a lab report with it. I forget how much they are, 25-30 bucks.

-A

ooo~Shiney!

Brilliant_Rock
Hi ! I bought a Marquis cut Tanzanite from Tan a couple weeks ago ~ admittedly, it is grey-blue-purple, but for
16 bucks, hey!!!!
What is excellent about it, though, is the SPARKLE!!!!!!
Actually, for what it is, I really like it.
So I would say, if your sapphire is cut the same, it will be pretty sparkly!!!!

Aoife

Brilliant_Rock
It is very shallow, there looks like there is a large window, and so I would suspect, in person, it will look quite dead in the middle. If there is sparkle, it will mostly be around the edges. Those who have bought stones from Tan will probably have a better eye, or more thoughts.

chictomato

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Hi there, you just need to add $30 and you can choose between GIT or AIGS for a brief memo. It will state if the sapphire is fully natural or heated. The marquise face up large for its carat weight. It has a huge window, there will be no sparkle in the middle. Not to mention the bow-tie. It looks like a nice color though:) hope this helps

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
Looks very windowed mac w.

I would pass.

Have you perused barry's site to see if he has anything yet? I hear he's having a sale.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Everyone else has given good advice about having the stone accompanied by a memo if you are concerned about it being natural and unheated. However, for the cost, I’m not sure if it is worth it since that’s almost half the cost of the marquise itself. As for being sparkly, I doubt it because it has practically no crown. For the stone to be sparkly, it needs the right angles so the light can be reflected back to the eye but in this case, it does not look promising because it appears shallow all around.

MAC-W

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you for the feedback everyone. I really really appreciate it.

I guess I'll be giving this stone a miss :bigsmile:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results