shape
carat
color
clarity

thoughts on this unheated sapphire (video)

himni

Shiny_Rock
I am looking for an unheated sapphire for a pendant.

I would love some help finding a good stone, since I am a newbie.

I found this one at Africa Gems, the price is a bit higher vs Pearlmans- but AG is having a 20% off mothers day sale at the moment so it will be cheaper at AG.

I am unsure of what to ask the vendor, so I thought I would come here for some help.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Euu7MreqLwE

http://www.africagems.com/cushion-blue-sapphire-gemstone-46721736.html

here is my pendant inspiration:

screen_shot_2016-04-26_at_5.png

GregS

Brilliant_Rock
There looks to be quite a bit of color zoning in the video and the stone appears to be hazy. Other than that the color is a nice purplish blue and the cutting looks to be good.

himni

Shiny_Rock
thanks for your respond @GregS, maybe i should keep searching. I will ask the vendor for pictures of the stone.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
1. Why unheated? I'm just curious because most nice looking unheated stones tend to be quite costly.
2. Ct weight and mm size?
3. Budget?
4. Shape?

himni

Shiny_Rock
At the moment my budget for the gem is 5k. But after looking at sapphires for so long now, I have decided to wait and save more money so that I can get a larger stone for an engagement ring or rhr.

I just think sapphires are so classy and elegant.

I have a beautiful LM ring that I only wore a handful of times but dh will not let me sell it. So I will just have to save for a few months so that I can get a larger stone, afterwards I will save for the setting. I want at least 8mm and as close as possible to a royal blue- do you think 10-12k is enough for just the stone?

I don't mind heated stones, but for an engagement ring I would love it to be unheated. I am not crazy about concave cuts. So far finding at the right color has been so hard.

thanks so much for your help @chrono - i have read other posts and your insight has intrigued me, because you seem so knowledgable re:sapphires.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results