shape
carat
color
clarity

Thoughts on this stone?

dazedmedical

Rough_Rock
I'm looking to get a new diamond ring for my wife for our 10 year anniversary and birth of our third child. I'm thinking of a 3 stone setting.

I found this diamond and was hoping to get some opinions. If anyone has a better thought let me know. Looking for a round between ~2-3 ct, quality of cut is most important. Live in Canada and want to keep budget under 4-5k usd.

Thanks!

dazedmedical

Rough_Rock
I'm looking to get a new diamond ring for my wife for our 10 year anniversary and birth of our third child. I'm thinking of a 3 stone setting.

I found this diamond and was hoping to get some opinions. If anyone has a better thought let me know. Looking for a round between ~2-3 ct, quality of cut is most important. Live in Canada and want to keep budget under 4-5k usd.

Thanks!

This is another one https://www.withclarity.com/products/diamonds/561268810

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Hello, dazedmedical!
Please have a close look at these two HPHT diamonds and see if your preferred seller can get them, if you are already working with someone:

dazedmedical

Rough_Rock
Hello @DejaWiz not working with anyone specific yet. Should it be fairly easy for any of the trusted vendors to get one of them?

Any recommendations.

Thanks so much for your help.

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Hello @DejaWiz not working with anyone specific yet. Should it be fairly easy for any of the trusted vendors to get one of them?

Any recommendations.

Thanks so much for your help.

Most diamonds listed by online sellers are in virtual inventory databases, so it may very well be easy enough for a vendor to check for availability and provide you a price quote (or price match).
May not hurt to order a diamond from DreamStone, LooseGrownDiamond, Ritani, Frank Darling, etc (seller of your choice) as a loose diamond so that you can inspect and assess it, then work on the setting once you finalize the diamond choice.

D

Deleted member 161102

Here is a great GCAL option that i've been waiting for someone to swoop. I will put in a few others from my "backup" list from my recent purchase :).

GCAL 8x 2x45:

Here is one that i think is STEAL at this price(EDIT: woops price went up a bit, it was at $1300, now its at $1700, guess they thought it was low too :p):

I'd let some of the other price scopers chime in on this second option here first^^. But i think you can't go wrong with the first one.

EDIT2: Also, here is a premade search link i made for LGD, it fits your parameters and filters out a lot of "bad" stones.
SEARCH LINK:

EDIT 3: Another stone i found this morning to look at :

Last edited by a moderator:

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Here is a great GCAL option that i've been waiting for someone to swoop. I will put in a few others from my "backup" list from my recent purchase :).

GCAL 8x 2x45:

Here is one that i think is STEAL at this price(EDIT: woops price went up a bit, it was at $1300, now its at $1700, guess they thought it was low too :p):

I'd let some of the other price scopers chime in on this second option here first^^. But i think you can't go wrong with the first one.

EDIT2: Also, here is a premade search link i made for LGD, it fits your parameters and filters out a lot of "bad" stones.
SEARCH LINK:

EDIT 3: Another stone i found this morning to look at :

Love the looks and the price per carat of the two that you found at LooseGrownDiamond!

D

Deleted member 161102

Love the looks and the price per carat of the two that you found at LooseGrownDiamond!

LGD must have found themselves a great cutter, because lately they've been pumping out some great stones. You can tell they were all cut by the same person or place, they have similar specs and similar "feel" in the videos.

D

Deleted member 161102

I also wanted to give you some of the "premium" options. These are at the top of your budget. But these come with proven results(idealscope, ASET, and hearts & arrows images). Whether that assurance is worth the extra money, is up to you. These are both bulletproof options:

All the options in the previous posts could be just as good as these two. The "trade off" is that you may have to put in some work/time and do a little learning, and extra checking yourself(i went this route). But if you want to save some time, and have some extra assurance, these are great options.

dazedmedical

Rough_Rock
Got the stone and now just waiting for setting. Pretty happy with it but no expert.
Thanks for everyone's help. PXL_20230730_194913399.jpg PXL_20230730_194803469.MP.jpg PXL_20230730_194838625.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results