shape
carat
color
clarity

Thoughts on this stone

meta4321

Rough_Rock
Hi all,

I've recently started look for a ring for my S/O and wanted to get some advice on how this diamond (video below) looks? It shows not available as I have had the jeweler pull it for me. I am trying for an elongated stone that will shine at ton! I like how the facets are more well-defined but I haven't really seen many diamonds this well-defined so not sure if there's any issues with that to consider? Any other red flags to consider? Blue hue issues? Cloudiness/Mushy? Bowtie (don't see one personally but someone mentioned it once I showed them)? I've included the report as well so it includes details. Planning to pair this with a thin hidden halo pave ring (1.8mm) encrusted with diamonds on the prongs (not the tips as I've heard those are likely to fall off due to getting caught/scrapping surfaces). What would you price this diamond and setting at? Trying to bargain with the jeweler. Thank you so much in advance!

https://www.rarecarat.com/diamond/9...-diamond?ref=back&ts=Search&cp=10&ndp=18489.4

https://preview.redd.it/twhzsofailb...bp&s=c828b015bdab55233b8be7ce122a866c0c314937

vintageinjune

Brilliant_Rock
Hello there!

The diamond appears to have some cloudiness/haziness/striation issues, and the faceting does seem to have produced more "mush" than "crushed ice" (to my eyes anyway).
See when compared below:
Radiantcomparison.png

vintageinjune

Brilliant_Rock
An option I found that seems like it would be bright and sparkle:

This one was found by @DejaWiz for another person earlier this month looking for an elongated radiant cut:

vintageinjune

Brilliant_Rock
A comparison of the stone you are looking at vs. a similar faceting style that is better defined:
radiantcomparison2.png

meta4321

Rough_Rock
Would you guys say either of the following are better buys then?

or this one (can't find a video)

Last edited:

vintageinjune

Brilliant_Rock
Would you guys say either of the following are better buys then?

or this one (can't find a video)

Yes, the first choice listed overall looks better than your original, can't comment on the second one though without a video. There is a little darkness in the middle of the long sides/edges, but the transparency and light play looks much better (again, to my eyes, everyone's tastes vary).

meta4321

Rough_Rock
Yes, the first choice listed overall looks better than your original, can't comment on the second one though without a video. There is a little darkness in the middle of the long sides/edges, but the transparency and light play looks much better (again, to my eyes, everyone's tastes vary).

do you feel maybe the original isn't looking good on video but may look great in person?

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
do you feel maybe the original isn't looking good on video but may look great in person?

I don't have high hopes about it, to be honest

vintageinjune

Brilliant_Rock

meta4321

Rough_Rock
Hi guys, I pursued the original stone and was able to get this video. Any thoughts?

vintageinjune

Brilliant_Rock
If you are happy with it, go for it!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results