shape
carat
color
clarity

Thoughts on this stone?

swell

Rough_Rock
Thanks in advance! What do you experts think of this diamond?

1.01, H, Vvs2, GIA excellent cut, very good polish, excellent symmetry, HCA 2.4.

GIA Certificate but I don't have the number on me.

I know HCA is over 2 but I've seen it in a variety of lights and it looks great in all of them.
It does have strong blue fluorescence. I can get it for $7400.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not an expert..

other numbers? any pics?

Most importantly if you compared with other stones and your eyes liked what they saw, that is more useful information than what we can give you blindly. A GIA EX/HCA 2.4 is simply not going to be a horror of a specimen.

minmin001

Ideal_Rock
unless you really need to get a VVS clarity stone and just like the idea of mind clean, you can probably find a better size or color or cut stone around VS2 clarity

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Why are you getting VVS? Personally I'd try to go up in color and drop clarity to VS.

swell

Rough_Rock
I can't tell much of a difference in color and I think my girlfriend will like the idea that the ring is nearly flawless. It only has one pinpoint inclusion. I know you can't see them up until around VS2, but you still know there are inclusions. I was not looking for a VVS2, I just happened to run into this diamond at a decent price and do like the idea of VVS2 now that it is an option. Thanks. So, do you think everything else checks out ok? I know the HCA could be higher but I have seen the diamond in multiple lighting and it is beautiful.

lbling

Rough_Rock
Gypsy|1308720951|2951740 said:
Why are you getting VVS? Personally I'd try to go up in color and drop clarity to VS.

I agree with Gypsy. I have a G VS2 pear which is stunning and when I looked under a loupe there were no immediately visable inclusions. It is a very well cut stone. This is what you should be looking for. But if VVS is your preference you will be paying for this. However in the end it is your decision what you class as important in a stone that you are willing to spend money on.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results