shape
carat
color
clarity

Thoughts on this stone PLEASE!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Triggerfish

Rough_Rock
Hey everyone! I took a few months off over the holidays from my diamond search, but now I''m back at it. I found what i feel is a pretty nice stone today and would like to get some opinions on it please! I''ll give you the info I have on it, and if you need anything else, please let me know. Thanks so much!

.84 Ct.
round brilliant
6.15 - 6.13 x 3.69
Color G
Clarity VS2

Total Depth - 60.1%
Table Width - 57%
Crown height - 14%
Pavillion Depth - 44%
Girdle Thickness - Thin, Faceted

Polish - Excellent
Symmetry - Excellent
Cutlet - None
Graining - Nil
Fluorescence - None

"Excellent Ideal Cut"

EGL Certified

Price - $3700

I was shooting for something closer to 1.0 Ct, but this seemed like a good deal. Thoughts??

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
The numbers show the cut has the potential to be reasonable but not close to top end.
AGS1 or 2.

The bigger question is the EGL grading and how accurate it is.
Which egl lab was it?

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
It is also way overpriced you can get a much better cut diamond with a gia or ags report for the same money.
Use the cut quality search above and you will find much better options.

EightStar_jr

Rough_Rock
I would have to agree. The stone is far too pricey for EGL, whether it''s USA or Israel...

I would go for a GIA, AGS, or GCAL stone over that one in a heartbeat.

Cheers,

Dana

EightStar_jr

Rough_Rock
I forgot to add that just recently I examined an EGL diamond graded in LA which based on my master set was three grades off in color. I also graded it as being one grade off in clarity. EGL graded diamonds are not always that far off, but that being said, are not the best candidates for online purchase.

It is always best to view a diamond graded by EGL in person!

Cheers,

Dana

Triggerfish

Rough_Rock
It''s an EGL-USA cert. I found it at a local B&M store, so I did examine it myself. Not that I''m an expert or anything, but it definietly seemed VERY clean to me throuogh a loup. It scored well on the cut advisor tool here on Pricesope as well. It was definitely the cleanest stone they showed me in my price range, and sitting next to an E stone, I couldn''t tell a significant difference in color. Just thought i''d ask.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/7/2009 11:19:25 AM
Author: Triggerfish
It''s an EGL-USA cert. I found it at a local B&M store, so I did examine it myself. Not that I''m an expert or anything, but it definietly seemed VERY clean to me throuogh a loup. It scored well on the cut advisor tool here on Pricesope as well. It was definitely the cleanest stone they showed me in my price range, and sitting next to an E stone, I couldn''t tell a significant difference in color. Just thought i''d ask.
If you like the diamond, make the sale final on it checking out to your satisfaction in all areas ( and get this in writing) with an independant appraisal. Here is a tool you can use to find an appraiser in your area.

https://www.pricescope.com/appr_list.aspx

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results