shape
carat
color
clarity

Thoughts on this Spess

SweetSapphire

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone, I’m not a newbie to the forum but I forgot the password to my old account that I created like 12 years ago. I’ve been searching for a trillion cut spessartite for the last year.

Any thoughts on this one?

3E9B565A-BC8B-45FA-933E-750D89195CCC.jpeg

voce

Ideal_Rock
It's a fantastic price and face up size, but the proportions are such that it's shallow and hence there is a window. If you can overlook that, then it's definitely a very good buy.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s a bit washed out for me. I like them more neon orange, or reddish orange. It seems a bit pallid. The window is an issue too. I didn’t know they had orange spessartite in Madagascar.

That vendor has no bargains. You get what you payfor. If it’s cheap for the size, it’s probably lacking.

PinkAndBlueBling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I like the color, but that window is a "no" for me. I haven't seen any nice, bright orange spess in 4 cts for that price in quite awhile.

SweetSapphire

Rough_Rock
Excellent points. Thank you all. The search continues...

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it's good for what it is. The color is nice, but the window is not great. However, finding a specific color and shape of spess is tricky, so I would personally go for it and then ask someone like Dan stair to recut to hopefully close most of the window. Just my thoughts!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it's good for what it is. The color is nice, but the window is not great. However, finding a specific color and shape of spess is tricky, so I would personally go for it and then ask someone like Dan stair to recut to hopefully close most of the window. Just my thoughts!

Since it’s rather shallow, there might be a great deal of weight lost in a recut.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Since it’s rather shallow, there might be a great deal of weight lost in a recut.

Good point. I still think that if OP Is set on buying a trillion spess, its worth a shot. Maybe email Dan to ask what he thinks? He's super nice and very talented, so if he thinks it won't work then I totally trust him

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results