shape
carat
color
clarity

Thoughts on this setting?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Setting

Pardon my ignorance, but how does this setting work if it''s prongs with no basket?
After seeing all the halos on PS, I''m tempted to get a cheapie one to play with, and this one has fairly nice and clean aesthetic I feel like. What do you think?

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Your jeweler will make notches in each of the prongs to secure your stone. If there''s no basket, it''s really important that your stone is not too small. I like the setting - very clean and classic, but still a bit of sparkly!

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty MTG - ditto to Cellentani

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
I like it, it really looks like it sparkles. Don''t forget to add in that shipping fee when looking at the total price.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for the explanation!
Hmm...I thought it was free shipping, but I''ll definitely be sure to read it more carefully if I decide to order it. I like it over the LOGR because it''s a bit more simple and seems to sit lower..

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/22/2009 9:07:02 PM
Author: MakingTheGrade
Thanks for the explanation!

Hmm...I thought it was free shipping, but I''ll definitely be sure to read it more carefully if I decide to order it. I like it over the LOGR because it''s a bit more simple and seems to sit lower..

Oh, sorry, I saw the fee for FexEx and assumed that was the sipping cost. But they have regular shipping that is free. I need to slow down when I read things.

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh that looks cool. And a little scary since there is no basket! LOL

I hope you get it and post about it! I like the style alot.
21.gif

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/22/2009 10:23:38 PM
Author: Stone Hunter
And a little scary since there is no basket! LOL

My thoughts exactly!

SB621

Ideal_Rock
I have never seen that one from LOGR. I like it alot and you can''t beat the price. i say go for it!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wouldn’t say it has no basket. The halo sort of acts as the basket and adds some strength to the prongs. In any case, all stones are held up by the notches in the prongs, not the basket itself.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/23/2009 9:03:02 AM
Author: Chrono
In any case, all stones are held up by the notches in the prongs, not the basket itself.

Heh, I guess I should know that since my lotus ring doesn''t have my pad touching the basket. But the lack of basket makes it look riskier, it''s all in my head, as usual.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results