shape
carat
color
clarity

Thoughts on this Ruby?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Little Monster

Shiny_Rock
Any thoughts? I''ve been looking around for an orangey/red or red stone for a while... this one caught my eye...

http://www.thenaturalsapphirecompany.com/Sapphires/Unique/U2639/Cushion/stoneid=U2639

any opinions would be greatly appreciated : )

ruby U2639.jpg

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well I simply adore it! Go for it...
30.gif

serenitydiamonds

Shiny_Rock
Trade
It''s very beautiful, but I''m not sure if it''s red enough to be called a Ruby (I know this is a judgment call and may start a flame war). If you''re ok with that, it''s definitely a very nice stone. :D

--Joshua

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Lovely stone, on my computer it''s red.

Little Monster

Shiny_Rock
sorry -- I didn''t realize how huge that photo would be... oops!

Barrett

Ideal_Rock
I am not a corundum fan but I do think that stone looks nice

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
The color looks nice and it appears to be cut well with a good amount of brilliance. If I were in the market, I would consider looking at that stone in person. However, rubies are kind of camera shy, so approach it objectively when you see it in person, and don''t be afraid to return it if it is not what you want.

ma re

Ideal_Rock
A really nice stone, I don''t see anything wrong with it honestly. One word of caution though - if your plan is to set it in a haloed something, take a look at the outline and point it out to the jeweller, as it doesen''t have perfect symmetry. There''s a huge thread going on in this forum right now, about a jeweller not doing a good work when making a halo for a stone who''s outline lacked some symmetry. Just thought you should know.

AustenNut

Brilliant_Rock
It looks beautiful to my eyes!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It has a nice pinkish/orangish red colour and if that’s what you like, by all means go for it. The culet is slightly offset so I’m not sure if customization of the setting might be needed.

Jeffrey Hunt

Rough_Rock
Trade
Hello!

At under a ct, and given ruby''s weight, it''s going to arrive as a very small stone. Take a look at the girdle on the wonderful 3D view provided by the vendor. It shows a series of small flat facets that I assume are just a computer rendition of a rounded girdle - a normal native cut stone - not sure if this would cause setting problems,, probably not. The color looks great to me, but I would take a close look at the size.

Jeffrey

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jeff,
I think the poster might be aware that getting a sub-carater means getting a small stone. Not everyone is able to afford large untreated rubies.
9.gif
And pure reds are definitely going to cost more too.

Jeffrey Hunt

Rough_Rock
Trade
HI Chrono,

My point was that sapphire/ruby tends to be smaller per ct, given the density - compared to other stones. My personal preference to color is a bit more pink, the gem pictured is perfect as far as I''m concerned.

Regards!

Jeffrey

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock
I think it''s a lovely color and say go for it!
36.gif

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m not a pure RED lover. So this stone with it''s hints of other color is appealing. Let us know how you like it!

LittleLovely

Rough_Rock
I was admiring that stone just the other day! It think it''s beautiful, and you should go for it! Do you have a project in mind? If you get it, please share pictures!

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A gorgeous colour and a very pretty gemstone. It does seem quite high in price. I appreciate it''s untreated etc but it still seems a lot to pay for a sub-carat Ruby. The clarity is lovely though and set well it will be a stunner.

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
I''m try to learn more about colours, would you say the stone has a tint of blue to it?

ma re

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/24/2009 11:01:30 PM
Author: Lovinggems
I''m try to learn more about colours, would you say the stone has a tint of blue to it?
Maybe a little bit, but what you see on the screen also depends on your monitor settings, so I can''t be really sure what you see. To me it looks to be slightly on the burgundyish side, but it''s almost a pure red IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results