shape
carat
color
clarity

Thoughts on this ring

Ellyfm

Rough_Rock
Hi,
I am hoping I could get some opinions about this ring? I lost my engagement ring about 5 years ago and am looking to replace it. My original engagement ring was a modern split shank with a round diamond with a halo. It had a vintage ‘vibe’ but was quite dainty. My taste in clothing and jewellery has changed quite a lot over the past few years. I wear what I would call classic clothing one day and then boho maxi dresses the next day so I want something that fits my eclectic style. I wear low profile jewellery so this ring really appeals in that way as well.

I’m really not knowledgeable about older stone cuts and jewellery so I was hoping for some expert advice.

Thanks
Eloise

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the style, but am not a fan of the cut of that diamond. Have you looked at jewelsbygrace.com? She has quite a few vintage options at that price point, including a target ring similar in style with rubies as the halo and an August Vintage cushion that is very pretty. You may also want to check out ivyandrose.com.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Also not a fan of the cut of the center stone. Are you open to a colored stone halo around the main diamond? That would definitely open up your options. Also if you tell us what you are looking for we can help search and your budget for the ring.

Ellyfm

Rough_Rock
Thank you all for your thoughts! I’m Australian and so sorry for the delayed response.

Iam probably looking for something all diamonds. I have a few gemstone rings, mainly family heirlooms, that I often wear on my right hand but given I want to wear this ring everyday I think I would prefer all diamonds.

I would prefer platinum but happy with white gold. I do know that I do want something with a low profile setting. I don’t tend to wear my normal/higher profile rings very much.I liked the bezel setting of the posted link as as the details that were on the shanks. I think I would like a halo as well as my original engagement ring had one.

Size wize my finger is a j1/2 or L. I think this converts to a 5.75? The loupe troop ring is too wide for my taste. Thank you for the link to the site- I have just spend a few hours browsing

I’m think I am probably happy to go with a warmer stone. I am more concerned that it sparkles (cut).

With the current exchange rate I’m probably wanting to stay below $3000. While I got the insurance money for my lost ring I feel a bit funny about buying a ‘replacement’ engagement ring.

Off to check out jewels by grace.
Thanks.

Ellyfm

Rough_Rock
Oops- I forgot to include I would love a OEC or a cushion cut. I do love the look of emerald cuts but despite looking a quite a few I haven’t found one that seems me.

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi from fellow Aussie.
id have a look at Ivy & Rose.
apart from selling a few pre loved rings, they specialize in recreating rings with the look of Art Deco / Art Nouveau. So you can get “the look” but without a possibly worn setting. They also have a good range of older cut diamonds at fair prices.
one thing to remember is your import tax. It will be 10% GST plus 5% Duty tax. I think Ivy & Rose can do the paperwork for using the Aus / USA free trade agreement which means you won’t pay the 5% tax.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was going to suggest the same as Bron. By sourcing your own center diamond you can make sure it is a good cut and you wont be limited to just what's available.

Also do you like this style?

IMG_6829.jpg

Ellyfm

Rough_Rock
Yes! Love that ring. Where is it from?

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes! Love that ring. Where is it from?

I just did a Google search for Edwardian Daisy ring but I think the asking price was $7,000! Obviously way over budget.

There is this ring which I have seen video of and considered purchasing myself, since the listing is older it may have already sold and since it is an LT listing it would be a final sale:

There is also this one at Love Affair Diamonds which many PS'ers have bought from and been very happy with their purchases:

I can look more for you tomorrow but you can try the following searches:

Antique Daisy ring
Diamond Daisy ring
Edwardian Daisy ring

You could also try searching for antique or Edwardian cluster or OEC cluster.

jazzyringstuff

Rough_Rock
I happened to see this ring on a site while looking for something different. Not sure whether the diamond cut is what you wanted? Sharing just in case it's helpful. It meets your budget goal of <$3000.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This one is just under budget:

This one is well under budget, a little different style:

L

lydial

@Ellyfm I have had this in my favorites but do not plan to actually buy it, maybe it suits you?:

that seller is also offering this at a nice price and even with the lower color diamond it looks very pretty:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results