shape
carat
color
clarity

thoughts on this ring - ?low value

panda87

Rough_Rock
Not really sure where to post this, but I'd be interested in educated opinions.

I received this ring from a family member. She bought it from a market and can't recall what stone it is. She seems to think it has some value (based on vendor comments), but from what little I know I am skeptical of that. It looks/feels roughly made, and it is stamped sterling silver. Other than that we have no information.

Look forward to your comments, TIA.

tmp_26346-20150901_223625327720014.jpg

tmp_26346-20150901_2236341316737961.jpg

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
It is very hard to give a value based on a couple of photos.

A not very well made sterling silver setting won't have much value at all. If it were a high quality, artisan piece with a recognized hallmark, that would be a different story but that really doesn't seem to be the case.

So, any value would be in the stone but you need to have it ID. Identifying stones from a picture is a really bad idea. There are just too many variables. But, generally speaking, a great stone won't be in a low quality setting.

Personally, I would just enjoy the ring.

panda87

Rough_Rock
Thanks for your reply. I honestly forgot I made this post.

I probably will take it in when I get my e-ring and get it valued. I don't really mind if it's valuable or not, I was just curious what particular stones might be that colour (the photos looked better on my phone before posting them :S)

Cheers :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results