shape
carat
color
clarity

Thoughts on this pearl eternity?

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Worth it? I see that it’s only available in Size 6.5, my finger is smaller than that :/

Mikimoto Pearl Ring

still waiting to see it ...
im pretty sure they have to take a pearl out of its setting to safely resize a peal ring
i love pearls but they don't tend to make great everyday wears so im really interested to see the setting of this one

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The ring that came up when I clicked on the link is not a pearl eternity, it is a ring with 7 pearls (3.5mm) - very pretty and I'd think easily resizable by a knowledgeable bench ...

1589596189154.png

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pearls score only 2.5 on the MOHs scale- I’m always dubious about having one in a ring. You’d have to be pretty careful with it, although I agree it is very pretty!

Pearlescence

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
The ring that came up when I clicked on the link is not a pearl eternity, it is a ring with 7 pearls (3.5mm) - very pretty and I'd think easily resizable by a knowledgeable bench ...

1589596189154.png

Only if the knowledgeable bench had a laser welder. An old fashioned one with blow torch would need to remove the pearls first.
Easiy enough for even a half-knowledgeable bench to make a version though. It's just a shank with seven small round half drilled pearls.

DiamondsNPearls

Brilliant_Rock
So would you all say a pearl bracelet or necklace is a better investment than a pearl ring?

MRBXXXFVVS1

Brilliant_Rock
So would you all say a pearl bracelet or necklace is a better investment than a pearl ring?

Yes, I'd go for pearl earrings or a necklace first if you don't have them already.

The eternity ring is pretty, but knowing how often I bang my engagement ring against something, I think a pearl ring would get damaged pretty quickly due to how soft it is. If you wanted to protect it, best to wear a pearl ring only on special occasions.

Pearlescence

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
If you got one made ask the jeweller to get a few spare pearls at the same time then you can replace as necessary. It's much easier to match them all at the same time!
Pearls - indeed most finished jewellery - is not an investment.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
If you got one made ask the jeweller to get a few spare pearls at the same time then you can replace as necessary. It's much easier to match them all at the same time!
Pearls - indeed most finished jewellery - is not an investment.

dang !
wish i had thought of that

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Be careful with Saks, I heard they were going out of business.

katbran

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Hi , That is a very cute ring. But, as has been pointed out by others, Pearl Rings are not really good for everyday wear. They will get damaged and one of the pearls is bound to fall off eventually.
Pearlescence is right in that to size the ring and reshape it you would need to remove the pearls -unless the jeweller has a Laser welder. I'd be surprised if there wasn't someone else who makes a similar ring, it's not an uncommon design.

Frankly, for a special present you could get a bracelet or a beautiful pendant... or Earrings !

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results